Author Topic: Is there anything that will control an oily scalp?  (Read 12517 times)

RAP

Is there anything that will control an oily scalp?
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:21:10 PM »
I've tried many "oil control" lotions and moisturizers, and my head is still a grease slick at the end of the day.  Can anything be done about this?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Is there anything that will control an oily scalp?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 11:11:12 PM »
I have not used these, but I have seen some wipes by Bald Guyz that you use when your head feels oily and dirty.  They are supposed to make your head feel clean and refreshed.

You can find out more by going to Bald Guyz Wipes at Amazon or BaldGuyz.com.

If you try them out, please come back and let us know what you think.

Anyone else have some suggestions?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 11:13:24 PM by Tyler »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

RAP

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 11:26:09 PM »
I tried the BaldGuyz wipes about a year ago and didn't like them.  They had a scent which I didn't care for, and it seemed to stay with me for a while.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 11:34:55 PM »
It's bad if you don't like the scent, since it's not too far from your nose.

In talking with MississippiRed I know that he uses some crazy stuff on his head after shaving.  He or someone else might have a suggestion that will help you some more.

I use a lotion with sunscreen on my head, but I tend to have dry skin, so I don't know if it would be the best product to recommend.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline MississippiRed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 04:10:48 PM »
What's good bruh? if your head is overly oily...(I tend to have oily skin and at times my scalp gets oily as hell) I get the regular alcohol wipes and from time to time just use them on my scalp or if I can't do that I'll go to the bathroom and get cold water and just put it on my head then dry my scalp and put no moisturizer on it ....but in reality be happy bruh that oily scalp is what's going to keep your scalp and such looking young you just have to take a few extra steps taking care of it but it will keep your skin looking like the skin of a young man even up into your old age...plus what's better than a shiny dome........?  Why do you think I still get confused with being a 28 year old man....(Tyler don't you say a damn word) ..... ;D ....anyway Brother good luck with that...

MississippiRed
Real Live Southern Legend

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 12:12:02 AM »
Alcohol dries out your skin - thus it's usually not recommended for after shaving. However, in your case, you could
give it a try since you're suffering from too much moisture. Plus, you'll also have a disinfected skull at all times - an added bonus.

If you want to give it a try with alcohol, use pharmaceutical alcohol with high %vol content (+70%). Don't just buy it in a super market.
Chances are you'll get alcohol that's got various other additives that could be potentially harmful. So get it from your chemist or from a
drugstore, and make sure it's pure alcohol and doesn't have other chemicals in it. And then just use it as often as you deem necessary.

Good luck.
Who loves ya, baby?

gearhedguy

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 10:21:35 PM »
Witch Hazel is a good astringent. . . it's cleansing like alcohol, but not anywhere near as harsh. Plus, I've read that it balances the PH of your skin. I also keep some of those acne cleansing pads in my desk at work. . . the kind teens use to keep their faces clean. They are always good for a quick wipe off.

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 03:55:42 PM »
Bald Guyz Head Wipes definately will clean the oils from the head and leave it feeling cool and refreshed.

Offline Pyronius

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 03:11:36 AM »
Certain salicylic acid mixtures work well (I like "Sea Breeze")

Not quite as harsh as alcohol either.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 07:51:14 AM »
Didn't really notice it until the other day, but the HeadLube from HeadBlade will help to control an oily scalp. By the end of the day mine is usually pretty bad too. I use the Matte finish and find my noggin isn't quite as bad by the end of the day.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 05:27:38 PM »
I found a product that my wife and I sell through our business that may help you out.  It's a facial cleansing foam by Tolsom.  You can check it out here:  ShopTandM.com.  I use the Skin Protective Lotion with SPF 15 everyday when I get out of the shower and I love it.

Enter your email address: