Author Topic: Shaving Today, Wore "System" 25 Years  (Read 3779 times)

Offline gul fcoast hair free

• Learning the way of Sly
Shaving Today, Wore "System" 25 Years
« on: July 02, 2016, 12:18:44 PM »
Hello everyone, I wore a "system" for 25 years, and had it removed today.  I am hair-free on top, with gray hair around back and sides ("horseshoe" or "Frair Tuck" look).  I do not want to shave head with a wet razor, as my wife says "no facial hair" and I would look like a white light bulb; I am thinking I will shave it almost to the scalp and hope others can't tell it is gray.  Also, people at my job don't know about my past deception, but will obviously find out Tuesday when I go back to work.  Any advice of any sort whatsoever about anything?

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Shaving Today, Wore "System" 25 Years
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 01:35:27 PM »
Congratulations and welcome to the board, sir!

Sure, people are going to notice, but I have a feeling that if you just say you got tired of system, most will not say or ask much more. It took some people at my office more than a week to notice I had shaved. Gray hair usually does not cause a shadow.

Nothing like the weekend of the Fourth to declare your own independence.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:04:54 PM »
Congratulations for taking control. In a couple weeks, you'll wonder why you didn't do this a long time ago. I hope you will like being a baldy, I love it. Shaving is my way of getting rid of the grey.

Oh, and you would probably be surprised how many co workers knew about your system.

Mike
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 03:56:24 PM »
Welcome to the sly fraternity.  Kindly keep us posted to your road to slyness.  Post a pic of your new look.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 04:47:32 PM »
I agree with the comments above.  Most people recognise a hair system.  ell done - truly the right decidion of US Independence Day.
Roger

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 05:06:21 PM »
Welcome aboard! Just treat it as another haircut and you'll be fine.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Lew

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 07:21:19 PM »
Congratulations!  I wore a system for 15 years and had it removed nearly two months ago.  I guarantee you that people are going to definitely notice your new look.  I have the horseshoe pattern as well.  I use a triple-head razor on my head every morning without fail.  I prefer the smooth feel of my head compared to stubble (the sandpaper feel).  I have a full goatee now (I need to update my picture) which I feel enhances my look.  I color my goatee and eyebrows weekly (my hair is white) which makes me look younger and certainly would for you as well (if that's what you want).  I'm sure ditching the system wasn't an easy decision, but in time you'll probably ask yourself why you hadn't done it sooner.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 06:13:34 PM »
Congrats!  Don't worry about the first day back at work.  You might get a few comments, but most people aren't going to be rude about your changed appearance. in a few days, your new look will be the norm for them.  As my sly brethren will attest, we often worry about how others will react to our new look far too much.  People are pretty accepting of changes in appearance.

Offline Office pro

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 11:28:38 AM »
Hi mate,  I was in a similar position only several weeks ago.  All I can say is enjoy what is to come.  I am a happier person, feel more confident and the responses from work colleagues has been fantastic.  A few people knew about the unit and honestly said it is much better off, others were in shock and asked why is did it.  I simply said it was my summer look or was fed up of going bald - either way no one really cares.

It does or did take me almost a month to get properly used to it, was strange after all suddenly being so slick but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

I played around with the style but decided to be clean shaved.  I do this in the evening so come morning there is a little shadow from my face that blends into my head.

Just see what works for you, and enjoy being free!