Author Topic: Anxiety over head/face shape  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Cristip

• Learning the way of Sly
Anxiety over head/face shape
« on: September 03, 2016, 04:48:55 AM »
Hello, I'm 24 and it's been a while since I started losing my hair; I recently cut my hair very short (I'd like to shave completely in the future) but immediately after the cut I realized that, although the sideview is ok, the front view of my head seems really strange: in fact my face is narrow at the side of the eyes and then the forehead becames wider(you can see the pics).
I spent lots of times on the internet looking for pics of bald men and not a single one seems to have a face shape like mine.
I already had body image issues in the past( for other reasons), and this thing is driving me anxious again.
What I'd like to ask is: what do you honestly think of it? Is it really a big deal or not?

EDIT: correct link added
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:55:13 AM by Cristip »

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Anxiety over head/face shape
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 05:44:11 AM »
We all have somewhat different shapes.  go ahead and shave it all.

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 07:02:44 PM »
Looks fine to me 😀

Offline Aquabat6

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 04:44:57 PM »
Hey, I saw your post about head shape.  Oftentimes, it would seem we over analyze things on the cusp of going bald.  I have started a blog about balding and hope this helps: http://baldsmanship.com/bald-head-shape-matter/.

Remember that all of our head shapes are different, but mostly we are the only ones who will notice and critique.  You said you recently cut it short. That's always a shocking time and takes adjusting. I see what you are referring to as far as head shape.  It's a non-issue.  I used to work with a guy who had your same head shape.  He rocked the look just fine, although he was already fully shaved. I think it will blend nicely when you take the plunge.