Confidence and Success > How to Build Confidence

A very unexpected shift

(1/9) > >>

Ishinomaki:
Over the past five years I have watched my luxurious mane slowly thin and disappear much to my dismay. I could feel my confidence slipping with every hair I brushed off of my pillow in the morning. For about the last two years I have kept my hair clipped to a #2 and while it looks alright, there is painfully obvious thinning and the crown of my head was pretty barren, made apparent in pictures of me on a recent vacation. After fighting with myself I finally decided enough is enough and shaved my head. My immediate opinion was that it looked horrible, and I sunk even lower. After a few days a friend of mine said it was shocking at first but now that she's used to seeing it, it doesn't look bad at all and I found myself agreeing.

On the dating side of things, I use a few common dating apps/sites being single and in a new area and would you believe it, I actually get more attention and compliments as a bald guy than I ever did with hair! I'm officially sold on the look. I've been called handsome, good looking, and even hot in the past week as a baldy! I have also noticed a strange shift on how others behave around me, it's almost as though they are more respectful, and make eye contact with me much more frequently. I don't want to say I'm more intimidating but I catch people (especially women) looking at and acknowledging me much more than ever.

This site was one of the biggest influences for me finally taking the dive and I couldn't be happier. I don't know what to say to you guys other than a whole hearted thank you.

Sir Harry:
Congratulations and welcome to the group!

Cave Dweller:
Congratulations on taking control. I am glad you are happy with the result.

Welcome to the board!

jbrit25:
Great story and great to hear that you are enjoying the look.

kerryman:
In fairness you rock the sly look. Im pretty happy with mine as well. I was out Saturday night and seen a fellow sly with a gorgeous tall blonde hanging off him. I will say the guy was dressed well and was obviously proud of his appearance ( no beer belly chest out proudly ) . Just goes to show you can shave your head but you still have to own it. Im back in the gym again lol.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version