Author Topic: Scalp is not same colour as skin  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Initious

• Baldness rocks!
  • Learning the way of Sly
Scalp is not same colour as skin
« on: March 05, 2016, 05:29:08 AM »
Hi all!

I have been bald for the past 7 months and showing no signs of stopping so far. However, I do notice that the colour of my scalp is grey (as shown in picture) while I see a lot of you with beautifully shaven heads with a consistent colour. Is there something I am doing wrong? It had always been like that since I started shaving.

I use shaving cream and a Mach 3 for shaving.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Scalp is not same colour as skin
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 08:22:23 AM »
Welcome to the board, Initious.

Is your hair a dark brown or black? I ask because what I see in your picture is a beard/hair shadow. Your hair follicles still are in your skin no matter how smoothly you have shaved. If the hairs are dark, they will be visible, and often give a gray tone to the skin. Some men have a constant shadow on their face where their beard grows in. I have been shaving my head for three years, and I still have one - although it is less noticeable than when I first started.

The best thing to do is to tan the skin as much as possible to lessen the contrast between a pale scalp and dark hair.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 09:07:27 AM »
keep shaving ande wait some years until hair starts turning grey.

Offline Initious

• Baldness rocks!
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 07:20:42 PM »
Welcome to the board, Initious.

Is your hair a dark brown or black? I ask because what I see in your picture is a beard/hair shadow. Your hair follicles still are in your skin no matter how smoothly you have shaved. If the hairs are dark, they will be visible, and often give a gray tone to the skin. Some men have a constant shadow on their face where their beard grows in. I have been shaving my head for three years, and I still have one - although it is less noticeable than when I first started.

The best thing to do is to tan the skin as much as possible to lessen the contrast between a pale scalp and dark hair.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Cave Dweller!

My hair is naturally black. I suppose I will have many more shaves to go before the colours "match" one another? I have seen fellow black haired people with a flawless scalp too but they probably have done it for decades. I, for one, do not have that shadow on my face though.

Appreciate your advice and will continue monitoring the situation!

keep shaving ande wait some years until hair starts turning grey.

I'm in my mid-20s and will probably take many more decades before getting grey hair. Haha.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 06:11:07 AM »
i happens faster than you think. 

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 12:46:35 PM »
Looks fine to me. Remember, we are all different!