Author Topic: I made a bet about my hair with bad consequences  (Read 12272 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I made a bet about my hair with bad consequences
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 06:45:27 PM »
Oh man that looks awful I would definitely try to work a deal where you make a donation to a charity of his choice in order to let you out of this one !

Not a bad idea! If you and this guy are/were good friends, he might cut you some slack. Maybe he'll let you off the hook as a birthday present, if your next birthday is before the six months ars up?

Let's be honest:  had the bet gone the other way, he would have had to keep his head shaved for the whole six months.  Or if you did let him off the hook early, it would take a good while longer for it to grow out to normal.  You, on the other hand, can revert back to your previous look with a few passes of the razor.  So maybe you jus have to suck it up and live with the power doughnut for a while.  ;)

Offline Redroverredrover001

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2016, 09:21:24 PM »
Oh man that looks awful I would definitely try to work a deal where you make a donation to a charity of his choice in order to let you out of this one !

Not a bad idea! If you and this guy are/were good friends, he might cut you some slack. Maybe he'll let you off the hook as a birthday present, if your next birthday is before the six months ars up?

Let's be honest:  had the bet gone the other way, he would have had to keep his head shaved for the whole six months.  Or if you did let him off the hook early, it would take a good while longer for it to grow out to normal.  You, on the other hand, can revert back to your previous look with a few passes of the razor.  So maybe you jus have to suck it up and live with the power doughnut for a while.  ;)

This is basically how it's gonna go. I have a good sense of humor and I don't take myself too seriously.

Plus I'll be in the good company of other cool dudes who have rocked the power donut. Sean Connery and Hunter S. Thompson come to mind.

Worse things have happened than me having to grow my hair out to 3 inches. Can you imagine how I would have looked were the bet for a whole year?

And as an aside, while the picture doesn't show it, I'm pleasantly surprised with how good it's looking. Distinguished, if you will.  The next time I go to the barber, I might have them shave off the few stragglers up top so I still have the smooth sly look while still having the horseshoe around the sides.

Offline Redroverredrover001

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 09:37:21 PM »
As an additional aside, I met my father for lunch today and it's the first time he saw me without a shaved head since before I started losing my hair. He asked me if I shave the top of my head and was kind enough to point out that I'm balder than he is.

My older (full head of haired) brother is going to love this when he sees me. I'll never hear the end of it, haha.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
Hi Red, you mentioning your father reminded me of the hair issues with my Dad. In my younger days in the 70's, I had long shoulder length hair, and Dad was always bugging me to get a crewcut, or at least cut it. We lost him when I was 21, I'm sure he is looking down on me with approval now.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2016, 04:56:45 PM »
Learning opportunity: never gamble more than you are willing to lose; no matter how "sure" the bet.

That's a bummer you lost. I would stick to the bet for a month and then try and negotiate out of it. At least after a month you will have shown commitment to the bet. Maybe he'll show some love and let you out of the bet.

Enter your email address: