Confidence and Success > Relationships/Dating

Recently Divorced, Trouble with Confidence

<< < (2/5) > >>

AJ Q-Ball:
Jason,

Let me just first say you've come to the right place. This is a forum full of supportive gentlemen. I know what you're saying when you say stress accelerated the hair loss. That's what happened to me. I started thinning in my early 20s but after losing both parents and taking care of the surviving one who was in poor health to start with, my hair really started to disappear. It was so bad in the crown area that I looked like Friar Tuck lol. From there, I buzzed it progressively shorter until I shaved it completely off. Let me tell me that it's one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. I have gotten more attention from the ladies since I've been bald than I ever did with hair. I'm almost 30 years old and plan to stay bald the rest of my life. Shave that head and rock that baldness! You won't regret it! O0

StillStrongSamson:
Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the support, your kind words have really helped me!

- Jason

Double Diablo:
If you do decide to go slick, let me tell one look that makes the ladies drool!  The Oakleys pushed up on your head.  Something about that particular look just makes the girls moist and their panties drop to their ankles!

But it is all about having a confident vibe,  I have never been a good looking guy, but I have always been a bit cocky.  Not to the point of arrogance, but to where a self confidence is obvious. Work on that.

That is the difference between the "nice guy" who goes home alone after a night at the bar and the guy that gets the girl and you wonder how that is possible.

beardbald:
Not all women will drool over a bald guy and not every guy looks fantastic bald. However I do think that people that take control of their hairloss do come over as more attractive in a "this is me" kinda way. The woman isn't sitting there thinking "is he trying to disguise the fact he is losing his hair".....  Everyone has things they are attracted to and not attracted to and being bald won't be for every prospective date but then you could also be too fat, or too thin, or to tall or too short.... sadly when you date you are putting yourself out there and it is about attractiveness when you first meet as that's the first impression. However sometimes someone that you may not be the type of initially starts to find more than your looks attractive too.

If you do shave your head before you throw yourself into the dating scene, you'll be meeting new people that just have never seen you with hair. How they meet you now will be their only measurement of how you look.

If you come across as being yourself and you click with the person you are dating then the bald head probably won't even factor into it.     

Double Diablo:

--- Quote from: beardbald on January 03, 2016, 05:41:04 PM ---
If you do shave your head before you throw yourself into the dating scene, you'll be meeting new people that just have never seen you with hair. How they meet you now will be their only measurement of how you look.

--- End quote ---

This is quite true.  When I was in the Army and promoted to Sergeant, I was put in charge of a squad.  This of guy I had palled around with.  When I tried to give orders or enforce some discipline I was not taken too seriously.  They were too used to knowing me before I was an NCO.

Things got better when I was PCSed to Ft. Bragg.  I arrived there as a Sergeant and they knew me as nothing else. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version