Author Topic: Will i get beaten or mistaken for a skinhead nazi for shaving my head  (Read 5425 times)

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
I have been getting alot of hate comments for shaving my head bald just cause i like it... it feels more clean and i dont have to deal with my annoying calic in the back of my head. But anyways i been getting comments like "Racist pig" and "Nazi" or "skinhead" or i was even calling "hows the kemo cancer Garrett" Do you guys also get picked on for being bald or even hate comments will i get beat up or attacked by gang members at my school for being bald? Need advice. btw im 17 and going to upload a photo of myself and my head i shave it all myself.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:32:20 AM by garrett123 »

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
Re: Will i get beaten or mistaken for a skinhead nazi for shaving my head
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »
nobody?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 07:20:04 PM »
Welcome, Garrett!
I take it that at 17,  you're still in high school. Are you getting bullied by classmates? What do your parents think? I think you look great with a shaved head, and you seem comfortable with it. There are laws against hate crimes, so unless you're hanging with the wrong crowd, I don't see what the big deal is.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 07:40:50 PM »
Welcome, Garrett!
I take it that at 17,  you're still in high school. Are you getting bullied by classmates? What do your parents think? I think you look great with a shaved head, and you seem comfortable with it. There are laws against hate crimes, so unless you're hanging with the wrong crowd, I don't see what the big deal is.
yes i get rather bullied for shaving bald its rather mean and gets annoying people think im a white supremist or neo nazi

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 07:47:53 PM »
What grade are you in? What do your parents say about it?

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 08:07:05 PM »
But anyways i been getting comments like "Racist pig" and "Nazi" or "skinhead" or i was even calling "hows the kemo cancer Garrett" Do you guys also get picked on for being bald or even hate comments will i get beat up or attacked by gang members at my school for being bald?

Welcome to the board, Garrett.

I am sorry this is happening to you. High school can be a tough time.

How recently did you shave your head? If it was just a short time ago, the comments may be nothing more than teasing as people react to the surprise of your new look. The "nazi", "skinhead" and "chemo" jabs have been reported here before. Some people can be jerks, but I would not take their BS too seriously.

I got very weary of "Heisenberg", "Walter White", "Breaking Bad" comparisons. They do go away with time as people become accustomed to your smooth head. Until then, the best thing to do is to laugh and not let the jerks know that what they are saying has any effect on you. The more they know they are bothering you, the more they will dish out.

Hang in there, man, and vent here any time you want.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »
What grade are you in? What do your parents say about it?
im a junior

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 08:33:07 PM »
But anyways i been getting comments like "Racist pig" and "Nazi" or "skinhead" or i was even calling "hows the kemo cancer Garrett" Do you guys also get picked on for being bald or even hate comments will i get beat up or attacked by gang members at my school for being bald?

Welcome to the board, Garrett.

I am sorry this is happening to you. High school can be a tough time.

How recently did you shave your head? If it was just a short time ago, the comments may be nothing more than teasing as people react to the surprise of your new look. The "nazi", "skinhead" and "chemo" jabs have been reported here before. Some people can be jerks, but I would not take their BS too seriously.

I got very weary of "Heisenberg", "Walter White", "Breaking Bad" comparisons. They do go away with time as people become accustomed to your smooth head. Until then, the best thing to do is to laugh and not let the jerks know that what they are saying has any effect on you. The more they know they are bothering you, the more they will dish out.

Hang in there, man, and vent here any time you want.
just now started shaving been dealing with imense razor burn and razor bumps but its starting to get over it

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 08:33:40 PM »
sorry for late reply guys been doing homework dont think im ignoring yall

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 08:35:54 PM »
We understand. School first.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 09:19:01 PM »
Bumps and irritation are not uncommon when you first start shaving, especially if it is daily. It took my scalp about three or four weeks to toughen up.

If you can find an after shave balm at your drug store or supermarket, it really helps soothe that irritation.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 09:26:11 PM »
Bumps and irritation are not uncommon when you first start shaving, especially if it is daily. It took my scalp about three or four weeks to toughen up.

If you can find an after shave balm at your drug store or supermarket, it really helps soothe that irritation.
does aloe help

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 09:44:26 PM »
When I first shaved my head, I was actually a little concerned that some ignorant people might think that I had become a skinhead or something like that. So I just upped my clothing game a little bit.
I tend to dress very casually, but I started tucking in my shirts and little stuff like that. Most skinheads tend to dress pretty shabby.
You can dress a little nicer, or you could just wear shirts that feature African-American performers or something like that, stuff no Neo-Nazi would wear.
But I agree that the comments will pass with time, as people get over your change. Just do your best to weather the storm.  O0

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 10:36:48 PM »
When I first shaved my head, I was actually a little concerned that some ignorant people might think that I had become a skinhead or something like that. So I just upped my clothing game a little bit.
I tend to dress very casually, but I started tucking in my shirts and little stuff like that. Most skinheads tend to dress pretty shabby.
You can dress a little nicer, or you could just wear shirts that feature African-American performers or something like that, stuff no Neo-Nazi would wear.
But I agree that the comments will pass with time, as people get over your change. Just do your best to weather the storm.  O0
yeah

Enter your email address: