Author Topic: Finding it hard to accept  (Read 8311 times)

Offline oakdan5

• Sly Jr.
Re: Finding it hard to accept
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 08:33:44 PM »
I hear you, Kimak, and I feel you. I'm the shortest adult male I know. Nobody teases me about it because we all know that I'm short and we all know that it sucks to be a short man. But people will feel confident teasing you about the shape of your head because it's probably not a big deal to them.
So what do I do about being so F&#@ing short? I just deal; that's all I can do.
God gave me what is, I think, a pretty good head shape. I'd take your head shape in a heartbeat if it meant that I could be three inches taller.
I've got some blessings and I'm lacking in other areas, like height.
I won't lie - sometimes it bums me out. But I'm not going to hide or stop doing the things I enjoy doing because of it.
If you like having a bald head, rock that bald head, man. You're taller and way better looking than I am. Don't get hung up on one physical trait that you'd change.

How tall are you? This bugs me too. It did not really much at all until I started to lose my hair.

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 08:56:13 PM »
How tall are you? This bugs me too. It did not really much at all until I started to lose my hair.

I'm 5'6". I don't know any adult males who are shorter than me.
Our culture isn't very respectful of short men. We're usually the comic relief.

Offline rodey201

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2015, 04:55:00 AM »
Honestly your head shape doesn't look strange, if you were to suave your ur head it would take about 4 days to grow back to a buzz cut if you didn't like it. I stressed for months about whether to shave my head or not. What would people think? Would it look stupid? Would my wife still find me attractive? In the end I took the plunge and have never looked back! Was such a relief off of my mind to finally do it and realise that all the things I was worrying about where in my head. I've had no negative remarks (to my face at least). Take the plunge and free a load off your mind :-D

Offline rodey201

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2015, 04:56:25 AM »
Plus, shaving your head will make your beard look even mightier so it's a double win!

Offline Kimak

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 08:55:31 AM »
Hey guys,

Sorry for taking so long to reply :x

Well, i must thank you all again for spending some time answering to my insecurities in order to show me some support :)

Like I said before, I am struggling a lot with this issue of mine and I guess I was just hoping to receive some approval on my look, like you said, it does not look bad (even tought I do not agree with that) but it is just not flattering to me.. Its just that I see so many people who think they have weird head shapes and I would like to have an imaginary problem too and have the right skull to rock the bald look.
I will try to man up and accept the skull that God gave me and try to carry on with my life and beat the depression phase..

Once again thank you for the positive support :)

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 09:59:01 AM »
I agree with the others, you look fine.