Author Topic: Meeting other SBGs  (Read 2671 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Meeting other SBGs
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:44:06 AM »
I know that in the past there have been Sly Bald Guy Conventions, which I had not been able to make because of finances and time off constraints.  But several years ago, Rob Zilch did come out to Seattle and I shared a meal with him and had a nice time of conversation. 

But a year ago, I was in Toronto and met up with Tom McGarry, aka The Original Canadian Headblader.  I know he has not been active here since 2012, but I kept in touch with him on Facebook.  So when I was visiting another friend in Toronto who is also on this site but had never been active, I ended  up visiting Tom.

I just got lazy and had never posted the pictures.  I had a delightful time meeting him and his significant other, Kristi.  We met at a restaurant called the Pickle Barrel at the Yorksdale Centre Mall.  Hopefully I will get back to Toronto and visit him again, along with my other friend.  Or he will come out here!

So have any of you had experience of meeting up with other SBGs?

Here are some picture of my Toronto SBG mini meet!

L to R: Joseph, Marshall, Tom

L to R: Joseph, Marshall, Tom

Marshall and Tom

Tom and Kristi

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Meeting other SBGs
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 07:09:41 AM »
Well, I did meet three members in a four-month span in 2014. I met Warhawk and his daughter in July, in NW Florida while I was there for a bowling tournament. I met BaldRob in September when he was in SE Louisiana for business reasons. Rob, his friend Ben (another sly guy) and myself met up and had dinner at Hooters. And I returned to NW Florida in November and met up with Mr. Zed, his wife and another couple. We had lunch and did a beach tour and Starbucks before I drove three hours back home. All three meetings were fun and a great experience. I didn't get any photos with Rob, but there are a couple of photos of myself with Warhawk and Mr. Zed somewhere in another thread.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 09:15:34 PM »
I have a week's worth of vacation time that I have to either use or lose before April 10.

I am thinking about making a trip to Florida.  Are there any SBG members who would like to get together?

Randy

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 10:42:14 PM »
I have a week's worth of vacation time that I have to either use or lose before April 10.

I am thinking about making a trip to Florida.  Are there any SBG members who would like to get together?

Randy

What part of Florida and when?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 10:38:23 PM »
When I am in Florida I am pretty mobile.  I will be visiting all up and down the West Coast from Lake City in the North to Naples in the South.  Most of the time I will be in the Bradenton area.

I have no firm plans yet but was thinking late Marchish.