Confidence and Success > How to Build Confidence

having a bad day — scared

<< < (2/4) > >>

SlyMike:
Why not just try it, it will always grow back if you don't like it, yes it is a big step but lots of us have been there and got through it.

Try the shorter buzz cut for a bit and then go the whole hog, it's possible people won't even notice,  don't think anyone at work did for me, and I absolutely love being sly, it's awesome!

Marc_ldn:

--- Quote from: getreal on November 22, 2015, 06:16:25 PM ---Hi, sorry for another whiny post. I don't have anyone else to talk to about this. I just worked for over an hour on my concealer and I can't get it to look right. I'm missing an important meeting with a friend I care about because I took so much time. I'm searching for flaws and I think it just looks matte and weird. But I'm not ready to go sly yet. I intend to go sly in the spring and knowing that relief is coming makes me feel better, but I can't cope right now. 

After my last post I was told "You need to build confidence", "You have to love every part of yourself" and "You have to let go of what you are afraid to lose". I'm really heeding that. I quit drinking last week (also afraid to lose that crutch). And I'm telling myself every morning: You are going to be fine. You are a cool sly guy underneath that hair, waiting to break out. You're a man, not a kid. You can handle this. Finding this site has made a big difference, but right now I'm having a setback. I was looking at pictures of myself shaved from the past and current pictures and my stomach is just twisted in knots thinking that I can't realistically grow it back out if I shave it (the concealer won't work on very short hair). I don't know if I will like it and I'll be stuck with the sly look for years, or forever. The perceived irreversibility and my current problems are scaring me right now.

Please give me a little more encouragement. Sorry I am just not man enough to do this yet. Thanks a lot, wishing everybody a nice evening.

--- End quote ---

Its taken me over 20 years to decide to shave my hair and stop fighting.
Best thing i've ever done.
I love my shaven head and my girlfriend loves it also.
At first she said its like my bum.
But after a while and her having to kiss it everyday haha she now loves it

getreal:
Thank you so much for your comments, guys. They make a world of difference for me. Nowadays I alternate between moments of dread and others of acceptance and even happy anticipation of going sly.

I'm trying to think of myself as sly already: would a confident bald guy wear this, would he hold himself in this way? I remember to sit up straight and practice the confidence I'll need to have when talking with people.
Nobody in my workplace is sly or even has short hair. It will stand out a lot, and it would seem even crazier to start shaving in the winter I think.

I wish spring were here. My plan is to do it just as I go on vacation, get some sun on it (to help hide the contrast between the thick and nearly hairless areas) and get used to it before heading back to the office to reveal the new me.  So approximately May 1. What do you think? I'm counting on you guys to help me see it through. Maybe I'll tell a couple close friends IRL to make sure I don't chicken out.

DavidA2571:
Stop being such a pussy. 

reddog:
I've always liked being a little different than the rest. I loved showing off my shaved head everywhere I went. If you are the only one in the workplace with a smooth dome, enjoy the extra attention you'll get.

Yes, it's darn cold on the noggin in the winter. I wear a furry hat, but remove it immediately upon entering a building. Spring is a long time to contemplate shaving it off, you might find it consumes way too much of your time. The only way to remedy that is too just shave it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version