Author Topic: Tattoo while having guttat psoriasis  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
Tattoo while having guttat psoriasis
« on: November 11, 2015, 07:00:57 AM »
So I went to my dermatologist today to lool up an eczema I've recently gotten on my hand. It came as no suprise that it was psoriasis since I have it in the family. It was however a very mild case of Guttat psoriasis. She described an ointment that i'm gonna use for some weeks and it should go away after that.

In my concern i started asking her about tattoos and psoriasis. I told her i was planning on getting a tattoo in the middle of january. She told me that some people can develop flare ups or plauqes from tattoos when having psoriasis because of the drama inflicted on your skin.

I have never gotten a flare up from cutting my self when shaving, using a knife or other tasks that can cause trauma to the skin. I do also have 2 other tattoos i got in the beginning of the summer. They healed just fine and I've had no problems with them. They are however relativly small (a smiley face on the right butt-cheek and a medium sized turtle). The next tattoo will probably be of a larger size.(see picture below) I'm of course not planning to tattoo over the psoriasis eczema i have on my arm and planning on letting it heal up before i get the tattoo. But I always wory about these things. Just wanted to check if anyone of you have a similair experience.

Ps. I probably will be risking it since this is a tattoo i've been wanting to get since i was 15 and have gotten in contact with a very talented artist who understand exactly what i want.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
Re: Tattoo while having guttat psoriasis
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 09:23:30 AM »
I wish I could offer advice on the matter, but I have no experience with the issue you described.

Good luck though, that is an awesome looking tatt!  Post a picture when you get it!
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Enter your email address: