Author Topic: looking for a homemade muscle weight gain program  (Read 5767 times)

Offline dart24

• Sly Jr.
looking for a homemade muscle weight gain program
« on: October 28, 2015, 10:25:53 AM »
Well i wanna get in shape and i dont have any gym around
Can you please suggest me for some program that is homemade for really skinny guys like me.

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
Re: looking for a homemade muscle weight gain program
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 11:34:02 AM »
Start eating. Peanut butter, Almonds, Kale, Tuna, Chicken are great foods to help gain healthy weight. They are high in protein and much better for you then a protein supplement. As far as exercises, don't underestimate the pushup. Its a great move that really works your entire body. Squats, planks, lunges, and mountain climbers are also good ones. Utilize your body weight to create resistance in the beginning and then once you get a few weeks in, add a bag of books to make it more difficult. After finishing your work out drink a big glass of chocolate milk. Its one of the best combinations of protein, vitamins, and sugar to help your recovery. Keep in ming once you start building muscle you will need to eat more to keep the muscle on.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline hairtodaybaldtomorrow

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 04:24:54 AM »
I recommend scoobysworkshop here:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/home-workout-plans/

Check around on that website, there is everything you will need to know about nutrition and working out and there are plans geared towards home workouts.  Youtube scoobysworkshop also, this guy is great and puts out quality information.  All for free also....Good Luck!

Offline hairtodaybaldtomorrow

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 04:39:21 AM »
And one more thing, the hardest part about gaining muscle is not the working out part, for me it was the nutrition part.  It is hard to get quality calories in without eating garbage and get enough in to gain weight.  If you are working out perfectly but only getting in the 2,000s with your calories you will not gain muscle.  If you are getting higher amounts of calories but are getting it from garbage fast food, you will only get fat.

One tip that worked for me was to make yourself a quality weight gainer shake everyday.  The stuff you buy at the store is not healthy, but it is easy and cheap to make your own. 

The shake I would make is one cup of milk, one cup of oatmeal (quick oats) one serving of natural peanut butter, one frozen banana, one serving of high-quality chocolate protein (like Now Foods dutch chocolate......or, in lieu of a protein powder, one cup of pastuerized egg whites) a serving of stevia and about 3 ice cubes.  Blend that all up and you'll get around 900 calories and around 60 grams of quality protein with quality fats and carbs.  It's very cheap and easy, tastes amazing, is easy to get down also.  I would drink that exact shake every morning and night.  Additionally, I kept a blender at my job and would make one during my workday as well.  With those three shakes alone, that will be 2700 calories and around 180 grams of protein.  If you eat a good protein based lunch and dinner, you will have no problem consuming around 4,000 calories daily, clearing 200 grams of protein and will have a good ratio of fats/carbs/protein, which is a good starting point if you are a hard gainer and trying to pack on muscle.  Just scale it back if you start getting to fat or bump it up if you still aren't gaining.  Anyway, just a tip for you from my experience, good luck!