Author Topic: MPB Fringe Growing Out  (Read 25130 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
MPB Fringe Growing Out
« on: September 13, 2015, 07:58:28 PM »
About a month ago, I quit shaving my head because I was in the hospital.  The longest I had grown out my fringe was a month.  So I am going to let it go about 2 months.  I plan on shaving my head again.  The reason I first shaved my head is that I was not liking the thinning experience.  But now I am about a Norwood 6 on the balding scale.  But I am cool with that and will always be proud of my bald dome and will never use drugs, plugs or rugs!  Anyway, here is what it looks like without the fine stumpy hairs trimmed.

PS, if you press the thumbnails, they will no longer be sideways!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:38:04 PM by marshd1000 »

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: MPB Fring Growing Out
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 08:03:21 PM »
Now here is the fringe with the stubbly and far spaced hairs trimmed down!  Plus one more with the dying hairs!

PS....posting resized photos from a iPad is not easy!  Sorry for the differences in format!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:23:10 PM by marshd1000 »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: MPB Fringe Growing Out
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 09:17:19 PM »
You're braver than I am.  I couldn't grow it out for a month.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 02:36:47 AM »
Marsh, wishing you a speedy recovery. I think that the fringe with the thick beard looks decent. Even if you don't shave right away, a nice taper fringe would look pretty good with that beard. And this is coming from a guy who got a head tattoo.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 02:47:17 AM »
I had a bowel obstruction that required me to be in the hospital 8 days.  Thankfully it opened up without surgery!  I ended up losing 17 pounds.  So I am continuing to now eat healthy!  The obstruction was caused by scar tissue sticking together from previous surgery.

As for the growing out of the fringe, I can see that I look a lot like my grandfather on my dad's side, if he had worn a beard! I pretty much went bald while my dad really only had thinning hair, a Norwood 4.  Funny how baldness can skip generations.  My grandfather on my mom's side was quite bald too.  My one cousin on my mom's side is about as bald as myself, while my uncle totally kept his hair!  But I need to convince my cousin to go sly, after I quit messing with "Dark Side"!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 05:59:08 AM »
I guess I've gotten use to you with a nice clean, shaved dome. The frings looks out of place.  Funny how they say the same thing in reverse when a guy first shaves his head.  We get used to what's there.

Your completely bald head and the robust beard are a great combo.  Blessings on your recovery.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 06:37:43 AM »
I've let mine go for a few days from time to time just to see if it is grayer or thinner - it usually is. Yours looks good with the beard.

I hope that your recovery is a quick one!!
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 04:54:13 AM »
One thing that is weird with my balding pattern is a thinning area near my ears.  In other words, the area where the beard connects with my fringe, is very thin.  So that is not a purposeful fade.  The hair just doesn't grow well there.  Has anyone else seen a hair growth pattern like that?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 05:55:51 AM »
How is your hair in the back, Marsh? I hope you're not developing the famous "skunk stripe"!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 05:44:14 PM »
How is your hair in the back, Marsh? I hope you're not developing the famous "skunk stripe"!

I don't know what a skunk stripe n this case?  But there is not a stripe of white hair in the back, nor a unusual balding pattern.  I do see that the hair is thinning more that I may eventually have a Norwood 7 hairline.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 09:51:51 PM »
A skunk stripe is when a guy has a norwood 7 horseshoe and the hair on the back of his neck is receded so far up, that the fringe around the head may be an inch wide at most, in other words, he has lost almost all of his hair on the back of the neck to the cranial area.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: MPB Fring Growing Out
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 12:52:31 PM »
Now here is the fringe with the stubbly and far spaced hairs trimmed down!  Plus one more with the dying hairs!

PS....posting resized photos from a iPad is not easy!  Sorry for the differences in format!

Looks good Marsh, I am doing the same. Some time you have to rock what you have...

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 06:19:29 PM »
Dober

I knew that you had grown out the fringe and then shaved it.  So how long is your fringe now?  I don't think I will keep it for long and will go back to totally shaven.  The beard is another matter.  I am having serious beard envy when I see your pic.  I am wanting to go long like that!  But thanks for the compliment on my fringe look!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 10:15:04 AM »
Dober

I knew that you had grown out the fringe and then shaved it.  So how long is your fringe now?  I don't think I will keep it for long and will go back to totally shaven.  The beard is another matter.  I am having serious beard envy when I see your pic.  I am wanting to go long like that!  But thanks for the compliment on my fringe look!

Hi Marsh,

The beard is recovering from a MAJOR trim, both sides and bottom (was a large goatee). Fringe is barely able to be brushed down, beard is just two inches (goatee part is about 9).

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »
Well, I should say that tonight, I got rid of the MPB fringe.  I was hoping to let it go for two months.  But One of the reasons I shaved it off was that my fringe was uneven.  I know that there are different ways that balding happens.  I know that I said my head was not slick bald.  But from my photos, I am a balding pattern 6 on the Norwood Scale.  Because I had the stunted hairs, I did trim them off.  But as my fringe got longer, it seemed that it was quite uneven naturally.  So it seemed best to go back to the sly look.  But my question is, has anyone experienced a uneven fringe?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 04:37:13 AM by marshd1000 »