Members Only > The Help Board

What's the best razor for a close smooth shave?

(1/2) > >>

Headgas:
You use the headblade atx and I'm not that happy with it.  It takes a while and I have to go all different directions and to over and over my head.  I've tried slow, fast, slight pressure, harder pressure. Six blades,four blades.  And the four blades work best.  But I'm tired of it taking so long and not getting that smooth shave.  I want to slide my hands over my head and not feel rough spots all over.  So what's the best razor to use for a quicker smoother shave?  I shave in the shower and so I don't use any shaving cream or anything.  I only use after shave when I'm done.   Thanks guys!

Cave Dweller:
You asked the members for an opinion of what is the best blade. The follow up question should be whether ithere is enough room for the respective opinions to come.

I also am a shower shaver and use the Fusion ProGlide. I have not had good results with HeadBlade's Sport or ATX.

baldbob:
I'm mostly a shower shaver too and I use only Shave Secret and disposable Wilkinson Sword twin-blade razors from Walmart. You can get 12 razors for under $3, and each one lasts me at least three shaves. A barber told me about these razors and even gave me a couple when I treated myself to a barbershop shave. I tried all the HeadBlade models and wasn't happy with any of them. They just don't work for me.

nick2401:
Gilette Fusion works well on the head but is hard on the wallet. I use a Merkur Progress with Astra Platinum from Amazon. ( $15CND for 100 blades) I use 1 blade every 4 days. Much easier on my wallet although I might not want to shave in the shower.

Quiet_Dan:
i find my gillette mach3 provides a really nice shave, no matter what you use you will have to come at things a few different ways, everyone's hair sits in different directions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version