Author Topic: How can we help more people?  (Read 9575 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
How can we help more people?
« on: September 03, 2015, 01:57:15 PM »
Over the last 9 years the community here has made an awesome impact on people around the world.  Each year we have over HALF A MILLION people visit SBG and get some kind of help from it.  This ranges anywhere from learning about a product that they are interested in to having a life changing experience.

None of this could have been accomplished without everyone in this community and that's why I'm coming to you to help determine how we can help make an impact on even more people around the globe.  So I ask you this question: "HOW DO WE MAKE A BIGGER IMPACT AROUND THE WORLD?"

One of the reasons that this is so important to me is that everyday hair restoration and various snake oils are spending millions of dollars to target guys and take advantage of their insecurities.  While SBG doesn't have millions of dollars to spend, we do have something much great that they don't have - our community!  I think if we all collaborated on this that we could reach more people than them and truly impact how guys and society think about baldness. So please join me in collaborating on how we can make a bigger impact across the globe!

Use your imagination on this one as there is no right or wrong answer and there is no idea too big or too small.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:57:49 PM by Tyler »

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline nicolaus

• Sly Jr.
Re: How can we help more people?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 03:44:52 PM »
I want to suggest a multilingual website in the sense "a bigger impact AROUND THE WORLD". This site is visited by people from really various countries, but here I've got to know none from my home country Japan . There aren't many Japanese who understand English really well yet, and it's not popular for Japanese to search something in foreign website, even if they understand English a little bit, so that not so many Japanese found this website until now, I think.

I planed once to make a website for Japanese Sly like this site... As far as I know, there isn't such a big and helpful website for potential bald men in Japan.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 10:53:09 PM »
That's an awesome suggestion!  This is a great example of something that we can do to make SBG more friendly to the global community.

Any other great ideas?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:58:45 PM by Tyler »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 01:00:05 PM »
I want to suggest a multilingual website in the sense "a bigger impact AROUND THE WORLD". This site is visited by people from really various countries, but here I've got to know none from my home country Japan . There aren't many Japanese who understand English really well yet, and it's not popular for Japanese to search something in foreign website, even if they understand English a little bit, so that not so many Japanese found this website until now, I think.

I planed once to make a website for Japanese Sly like this site... As far as I know, there isn't such a big and helpful website for potential bald men in Japan.

Nicolaus, would you be open to helping start and running a Japanese speaking board here on SBG?

Offline nicolaus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »
Nicolaus, would you be open to helping start and running a Japanese speaking board here on SBG?

Hey Tayler, of course I'm ready to do something to spread our Sly philosophy in Japan. I thought about such a thing accidentally at the same time as you... In fact I didn't only plan to make such a website, but also have already started a blog only 2 weeks ago to observe the reaction from Japanese Sly first.

shavedheadjapan.blogspot.com

(By the way I'm running this blog under another name of mine Victor.)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 04:40:29 PM by nicolaus »

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 05:48:29 PM »

Hey Tayler, of course I'm ready to do something to spread our Sly philosophy in Japan. I thought about such a thing accidentally at the same time as you... In fact I didn't only plan to make such a website, but also have already started a blog only 2 weeks ago to observe the reaction from Japanese Sly first.

shavedheadjapan.blogspot.com

(By the way I'm running this blog under another name of mine Victor.)

Can I have the English version of your website, I think I will try make one in Vietnamese. I hope I can change people thinking about bald head here since they mostly don't like it and I know for sure, there still some people who want to do but still hesitate.

I will send you my contact via SBG mail.

Offline nicolaus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 01:18:09 AM »

Can I have the English version of your website, I think I will try make one in Vietnamese. I hope I can change people thinking about bald head here since they mostly don't like it and I know for sure, there still some people who want to do but still hesitate.

I will send you my contact via SBG mail.

Thank you for your message! It's impossible to translate all of my blog because of too much contents.  But you should not create a Vietnamese imitation of my blog, but you should write your philosophy to shaved head in your own words for Vietnamese boys ! I can give you English titles of the articles which I've written in my blog until now as example.

- "bald = uncool"? It's "uncool" to think so!
- Why do I say not skinhead but shaved head?
- How to shave your head - For beginner
- How to shave your head - For expert
- Advantage to be bald
- Celebrities with shaved head
- My experience to shave head for the first time
- How much does it cost to keep the shaved head

I hope it could help you!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:20:23 AM by nicolaus »

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 05:38:57 AM »
Thank you, I will try but I think I need to learn more about how to shave my head since I can't get it done perfectly because I'm just 1 month bald newbie. :)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 07:22:58 AM »
At the very least, word of mouth. I mention this web site and community, whenever I can.

The screensaver on my phone is the SBG logo. And that often gets people's attention and a chance for me to recommend this community.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 09:07:37 AM »
I carry a small supply of SBG business cards and hand them out pretty frequently.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 03:24:38 PM »
I am not multilingual, but I think that would be great if SBG was more than just English.  Just thinking of the Americas, there is the huge Spanish speaking world here in the U.S. and Latin America.  Also French for Quebec and Haiti and of course, France.  Hopefully Sly brethren who are speakers of those languages will heed the call.  I should say that even though I went Sly before there was SBG, it was through the encouragement of similar groups that led me to ditch the battle of thinning hair.  I am a lot more secure as a bald man.  Also, a quick update on myself....About 3 weeks ago, I was in the hospital for 8 days due to some intestinal issues.  I am doing well now and losing weight.  But as a result, I had quit shaving my head.  But even with the fringe grown out, I am cool with the fact that my once curly head of hair is now a Norwood 6.  Again thanks to groups like this!  I will eventually shave my head again but even MPB can be something that can be embraced!  It just shows the diversity that God has in designing each of us!

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »
I created a website here http://baldheadvn.blogspot.com/
I also posted the first blog about me and bald head in my place. I used a picture on SBG homepage, pls let me know if I can use it or not.  :-[