Author Topic: 30 ended  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
30 ended
« on: August 22, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »
So finally I did it. I kept my head shaved for 30 days. This was my 4th time I shaved my head in my life that I hope my mom will change her mind about guys with bald head. She still doesn't like it and get used to being with my bald head. Btw, after 30 days, she stop complaining but treat me as stranger if I shaved my head bald.

At some first days, I tried to shave ATG on Mon Wed and Fri, and now I shave on Mon and Fri only. It took me about 1,5 hours to get it shaved. If I go with the grain, it's about 10 mins but not as smooth as I expected and leave shadow all over my head.  I got 1 weak break because I cut myself and need time to heal up.

I also bought a Gillete Fusion yesterday, hope it will help me improve the shaving time.

30 days were done, nearly all trouble solved, the only one remaining is how to deal with my mom.

Offline Snowdog

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: 30 ended
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 10:03:30 PM »
I think it looks great.  I just finished my 30 days a couple of weeks ago and use the Gillette Power Fusion every day.  It takes me about 7 minutes and gives a great shave.  I also use the Gillette shaving cream. It takes a couple of passes in each direction to get it really smooth, but seems to get easier each time. 

Your mom will get use to it, and soon it will look natural to her! 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 10:55:22 PM »
Congrats on the 30 days! As far as mom, she'll probably come around. You have to understand that most moms need time to let go when their children become adults and don't have as much control. I'm sure your mom means well, though
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 04:50:47 AM »
Thanks for your encouragements. Here 's my pics from today shave with Gillette Power Fusion. It's improved the shaving time really much, but still there the shadow.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 09:50:13 PM »
Nice pics! As far as the shadow, most bald guys just accept it and wear it with pride!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
Thank you :D

I want to try to make it shiny and know the feeling to rub my head with the feeling that no hair left, just my scalp only ha ha.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 05:31:40 AM »
you look great shaved.  In time the shadow will lessen,  would suggest shaving daily - find the time diminishes.

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 05:59:26 AM »
You look great, my friend.
Don't worry about your mum..... she'll get used to seeing you as being bald.
It took my mother a bit of time, too. Now, she notices if I haven't shaved. Lol !!
My wife also notices if I haven't shaved and tells me to get my head shaved as soon as possible, as she doesn't like the feeling of stubble on my head when she rubs it.

If you want your head to be smooth & shiny then I recommend that you either use Head Lube Glossy from Head-Blade or Johnson's Baby Oil. They both make your scalp feel silky smooth & gives it a great looking shine.
BaldBill

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 10:14:16 AM »
+1 for Head Lube Glossy from Head Blade.

Also splash on some Pinaud Clubman for a great after shave scent. 

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 11:44:58 AM »
I would like to try Head Lube but they don't ship to my country so maybe I will try later if I have chance. I'm using a kind of Gillette after shave only.

Oh, should I shave my head in the morning before go out or in night before go to bed? I heard that hair grow faster while sleeping and I don't know if that is good to shave twice a day :(

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 12:25:57 PM »
You might ask tobler1. He is in your country.  Might know suitable alternate head creams.

I think most guys shave once a day, your choice morning or evening. I prefer mornings, as that's when I shower.  also, I get to 'feel' the smooth head all day long, whereas shaving at night, you sleep through the smooth part, and by morning you're starting to sport some stubble, so from a 'feel' perspective, AM is preferred (my opinion).

Mr Zed