Author Topic: First Facial Shave With a Derby  (Read 5409 times)

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
  • "THE MORE HAIR I SHAVE THE MORE HEAD I GET"
First Facial Shave With a Derby
« on: August 17, 2015, 03:44:43 PM »
Just had the best shave ever on the face with a 1954 Gillette SS With a Derby Blade. Looking forward to give it a go on the noggin tonight.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: First Facial Shave With a Derby
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 05:15:38 PM »
Hi Tom, I also use a 1954 Gillette!

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
  • "THE MORE HAIR I SHAVE THE MORE HEAD I GET"
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 06:20:44 PM »
Hello Red, That is the one. What Blade/Blades are your fav in this razor? I have used Wilkinson, Personna, Feather and now Derby. Derby has been the best on my face and I will be trying it on the head tonight. O0 O0

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 06:30:14 PM »
I've heard the Derby's are good, but I haven't tried them yet. I use the Astras. I can get 100 for $10 on Amazon. I liked the Feathers too.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline BlakeOrlando

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 11:25:13 AM »
For my face shaving, I prefer the Feather Blades. I am a fan of that Japanese Steel! Super sharp, but I do not use such blades for my head. Very cool you guys use some real vintage razors. I'm a younger generation so I like the new shiny razors. I've been shaving with a DE razor on my face for a few years now so I decided I deserved to splurge and upgrade my razor. As I am such a fan of Feather, I went with the Feather All Stainless safety razor. It wasn't cheap, but I did my research and many say, just as this article did, that it is one of the best safety razors on the market today. So far, I am loving it! Good weight, good feel, not too aggressive. Do you guys feel the vintage razors are just as good or dare I say better!?