Author Topic: Show us your bald head!  (Read 200498 times)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Show us your bald head!
« Reply #450 on: May 02, 2022, 06:07:03 AM »
Some guys are more prone to shadow than others.  Dark hair and light skin tone are the big contributors.  Some shadow may remain even if the hair is shaved below the skin level.  If you skin can take it, try shaving against the grain if you are not already doing that.  Also, your shaved skin with naturally darken and tan over time so the shadow should decrease.

Once the hair starts turning gray, the shadow will almost disappear.
SlyBeard

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #451 on: May 02, 2022, 08:47:59 AM »

Except that you use laser or wax your head,the shadow is going to be noticeable.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 09:44:29 AM by Barbero Pelón »

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #452 on: May 02, 2022, 12:37:17 PM »
Some guys are more prone to shadow than others.  Dark hair and light skin tone are the big contributors.  Some shadow may remain even if the hair is shaved below the skin level.  If you skin can take it, try shaving against the grain if you are not already doing that.  Also, your shaved skin with naturally darken and tan over time so the shadow should decrease.

Once the hair starts turning gray, the shadow will almost disappear.

Let's say I am too young to be greying, I am 21 :D I shave against the grain but idk if I am doing it right, also idk if shadow should occur as I am naturally blonde (PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE ME LOL). Still I hope I can have that smooth skin appearance

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #453 on: May 02, 2022, 02:01:37 PM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , I think the difference is you can look bald, and you can feel bald. Say you use an electric shaver and it leaves a tiny bit of stubble, or you shave against the grain and your head is baby butt smooth. People looking at you will say you have a shaved head either way. If you have blonde hair, you should have much shadow. I don't have any shadow at all as I have white hair. So if your head is stubble free smooth, you are doing it right. Like many guys here, I hate the feel of subble, so I shave daily. If I don't shave, you really can't notice any hair until about the 3rd day.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #454 on: May 02, 2022, 02:57:36 PM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , I think the difference is you can look bald, and you can feel bald. Say you use an  and it leaves a tiny bit of stubble, or you shave against the grain and your head is baby butt smooth. People looking at you will say you have a shaved head either way. If you have blonde hair, you should have much shadow. I don't have any shadow at all as I have white hair. So if your head is stubble free smooth, you are doing it right. Like many guys here, I hate the feel of subble, so I shave daily. If I don't shave, you really can't notice any hair until about the 3rd day.
I shave against the grain, I had hoped little to no shadow will be seen. I shave every few days, this is how I look after shaving:

I try my best but I still have much to learn about shaving! :D

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #455 on: May 03, 2022, 01:40:19 AM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , I think the difference is you can look bald, and you can feel bald. Say you use an  and it leaves a tiny bit of stubble, or you shave against the grain and your head is baby butt smooth. People looking at you will say you have a shaved head either way. If you have blonde hair, you should have much shadow. I don't have any shadow at all as I have white hair. So if your head is stubble free smooth, you are doing it right. Like many guys here, I hate the feel of subble, so I shave daily. If I don't shave, you really can't notice any hair until about the 3rd day.
I shave against the grain, I had hoped little to no shadow will be seen. I shave every few days, this is how I look after shaving:

I try my best but I still have much to learn about shaving! :D

the shadow is not visible in that picture, it looks great

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #456 on: May 03, 2022, 08:50:52 PM »
You’re not doing anything wrong.  The shadow is normal; you just need to learn to live with it.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #457 on: May 04, 2022, 08:49:59 AM »
You'll find your way and learn which creams, moisturizers and razors work best for you.  The shadow is the least of my problems.  Besides, not much I can do about the shadow. 

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #458 on: May 04, 2022, 12:47:24 PM »
You’re not doing anything wrong.  The shadow is normal; you just need to learn to live with it.

Well that's quite bad news for me. I know that very soon I will have a horseshoe pattern and I am afraid I will look worse because of it, because some of my friends are still teenagers and I am sometimes afraid I will get mistaken for someone's father (already happened lol) or someone much older

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #459 on: May 06, 2022, 06:08:55 AM »

Well that's quite bad news for me. I know that very soon I will have a horseshoe pattern and I am afraid I will look worse because of it, because some of my friends are still teenagers and I am sometimes afraid I will get mistaken for someone's father (already happened lol) or someone much older

Try with make-up,wax, epilation or laser at some point....those are the only options to have a bald head shadow-free

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #460 on: May 06, 2022, 06:48:05 AM »
Daily head shaving will also help keep the shadow at a minimum.  And if your scalp does not darken up on its own now that it is exposed, you could try some self-tanner lotion.  Just a slight darker skin tone will reduce shadow.
SlyBeard

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #461 on: May 19, 2022, 03:25:23 PM »

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #462 on: May 22, 2022, 06:42:39 PM »