Author Topic: First time caller, long time listener.....  (Read 6526 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: First time caller, long time listener.....
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 01:14:02 PM »
Thanks to everyone who to took the time to respond - it's great to get the insight of those who have already been down the road.

I've abandoned the idea of having the FUE procedure.  The issue of scarring and the need for subsequent procedures was certainly not something the surgeon highlighted for me.  I also found the fact that he requires payment in full a month prior to the procedure to be a bit overreaching, but maybe that's just the cosmetic surgery industry...

I'm definitely going to take the first step at the end of the month.  I'm not 100% what that will look like, but I will come back and post after the deed is done. 

Thanks again,

Tyler

Just remember the 30 day rule!

Offline TWR

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 03:45:47 PM »
Update:

After digesting the advice from Sly members, I decided to take a phase-in approach to my transition, with a #1 on the sides and #3 on top.  I have to say, I'm loving the freedom of just putting it out there for the world to see - I no longer worry about trying to cover up the obvious!  For the most part, everyone has been very supportive and I've even had a few "badass" comments, along with having a colleague tell me I look like "a German assassin.   Anyhow, thanks to everyone who chimed in - your advice was right on the mark and just the push I needed to take the leap.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
Looks good.  Great start
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »
TWR, I think the buzzcut looks really quite good.  Hope you're enjoying it.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 11:17:52 PM »
You look very professional with a tight cut and a trimmed beard.  Clean is a good look for you.  I think that you could go tighter or even shaved and you will like it even better.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 12:10:01 AM »
Looking very professional and the trimmed beard (a new feature) goes well with the shorter buzz.  Personally I am biased but I think eventually you will go down to the shaved head and then the fuller beard will look most impressive.  Just do the 30 day rule when you shave.

Hope your daughters approve.
Roger

Offline fjc

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 08:15:55 AM »
Looks great!