Author Topic: Only 19..  (Read 1964 times)

Offline JSmith120

• Learning the way of Sly
Only 19..
« on: August 16, 2015, 02:47:49 AM »
Hey guys!

I'll be the first to say, I would prefer not to be here at such a young age! But what can I do? Mother Nature hasn't been too kind to me.

I'm going through diffuse pattern alopecia, which is mpb, but all over the top. Just wanted to give a brief introduction since you guys are going to be seeing me a lot on this forum! As far as shaving my head, hmm ill think about it. I'm only 19, I'd prefer not to lol. But I might not have a choice!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Only 19..
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 06:43:50 AM »
Look at it this way:  when your friends are going through this over the next 5, 10, 15 years -- and most of them will experience some hair loss to some extent -- you will be long past this issue.  They'll be the ones who are looking older while you will stay relatively the same.

My guess is that you'll feel a lot better about yourself if you shave your head. It does take a little while to adjust, but not nearly as long as you think. Hair is not nearly as important as many people think it is.

Offline Nyoxios

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
I have to agree with Razor here.

I know it sucks when you're young: it started thinning at 18 for me. I used to clip it short for 3 years or so. And that worked, then one evening the comb broke off and it hit my head. Thus I had to do my whole head at 0.5 mm. That was right before going to England with two female friends. I was worried sick, I texted one of them with what happened, and the next day when she saw it her response was: "I can't even imagine you with long hair anymore".

That gave me a huge boost of confidence, that ultimately led to to shaving it after 3-4 times of clipping it to 0.5 mm. I used to feel bad and insecure when people pointed out there were thin/bald spots on my head. "You look bald when the light hits your head". But now that I keep it shaven, I actually feel good when people say: "Damn, Melvin. You're all smooth again!" And I'd just flaunt it. (mostly by calling the ones with hair; hairy hippies that need to shave their head as well"

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 02:06:13 PM »
I have some diffuse thinning and I shaved mine for the first time just last week.  It felt so good to have the worry of wondering if people were noticing my thinning hair gone. I feel so much better about myself since i did it.
Roll Tide!
COYS!