Author Topic: 50 year old man with earring  (Read 26836 times)

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
Re: 50 year old man with earring
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 05:50:07 PM »
I got my left ear pierced last year at 51. My wife thought I was crazy and attributed it to mid life crisis. It's not a mid life crisis. I always wanted to do it so finally did it. I wear various studs and small hoops. I like it.

That's funny. Your wife sounds like my wife. She's thinks I'm nuts.  :D. I currently wear a black stud but I bought a small hoop and am plucking up the courage to put it in. Maybe tomorrow...

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 06:12:30 PM »
Good for you Mike.

Nobody is ever too old to do this in my opinion

Hey, Joe, I'll be up your way in August. Do you want to get YOUR ear pierced when I come up?  LOL.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 07:10:54 PM »
I got my left ear pierced last year at 51. My wife thought I was crazy and attributed it to mid life crisis. It's not a mid life crisis. I always wanted to do it so finally did it. I wear various studs and small hoops. I like it.

That's funny. Your wife sounds like my wife. She's thinks I'm nuts.  :D. I currently wear a black stud but I bought a small hoop and am plucking up the courage to put it in. Maybe tomorrow...

I have a small garnet stud, a small diamond, a gold ball and silver ball. I like the hoops best.  Definitely put yours in tomorrow!  Take a photo and post for us.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 10:39:02 PM »

Did you say earrimg???

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 05:41:57 AM »

I have a small garnet stud, a small diamond, a gold ball and silver ball. I like the hoops best.  Definitely put yours in tomorrow!  Take a photo and post for us.

Here I am with the small silver hoop

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 08:44:46 AM »

Did you say earrimg???

thick silver hoops look really good with a shaved head. Wish I had the courage to wear one (thick silver hoop) myself.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:20:23 AM by paperclip »

Online Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 11:01:10 AM »
I don't understand why this is such a contentious issue with some people.

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 12:55:57 PM »

@rg$
I don't understand it either. People seem to have such strong opinions about these kinds of things. Why can't we all just do what we want and what makes us feel good, and leave other people to do the same.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 01:07:41 PM »

@rg$
I don't understand it either. People seem to have such strong opinions about these kinds of things. Why can't we all just do what we want and what makes us feel good, and leave other people to do the same.

Or why they feel that they have the right/need to share their feeling with us!!!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
Paper clip, I like the hoop. You should wear it. I have a thicker hoop I wear at home, but don't wear to work.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline oldbaldguy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 09:01:12 PM »
65 here and 1 ear pierced. Wear studs and rings.

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2015, 04:58:20 AM »
Paper clip, I like the hoop. You should wear it. I have a thicker hoop I wear at home, but don't wear to work.

I wore it all day yesterday. At work then at home. Wife noticed but didn't comment. Wearing it again today. I like that's it's not too big. Thinking about getting a CBR. I had one years ago but lost it.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 01:03:27 PM »
Look, if you like it and love it, don't worry what others think! Ok, we are human and do that but you need to believe in yourself and want want 'YOU' want! Good luck buddy!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 04:56:23 AM »
Effeminate? Because of earrings?

:/O
yes, my wife thinks I look too effeminate with both ears pierced. i pierced my right ear 10 years ago when i turned 40 and she freaked on me. she actually packed her bag and went to her parents. she returned a few hours later and said I could wear one earring but not both ears. i didn't want to risk WW3 so I only wore one in my left ear. Knowing that she doesn't like me with an earring is hard on my confidence. but she's the one who thinks earrings are effeminate. I don't at all. I think they can be very masculine if you get the right type.

Wow, she packed her bags and ran home to mom? I don't know what to say about that that might not cause offense so Ima leave it alone.
As for me I'm 62, got 2 holes in the left ear and one in the right. Currently I wear a pair of 10 gauge black metal hoops, one on each side. The second hole in my left ear is currently empty but now that I'm thinking about it.....
I've been shaving my head for 15 years and my wife has never been a rabid fan of it. She thinks I would look better with the Larry Finklestein look; bald on top with a shoulder-blade length horseshoe. When we've had discussions about it I reminded her that I don't dictate her agenda at the beauty parlor. My body=my decision. Period. I don't get to decide much around here but I had to draw the line somewhere and my own human self is where that happens to be. I get no input, however, on other stuff like furniture, dishes, etc.
OK, I know I was going to stay away from this but I can't. Your wife hitting you with the "E" word because of an earring implies a profound lack of respect. Men take a beating in this society every day and at some point, even if it ends with us living alone, it has to be addressed. I mean you don't know me and I don't know you but that part of your post really pisses me off and makes me feel badly for you because, well, we're guys and us guys have to stick together. I don't know, brother, maybe see if she's up for couples' therapy or maybe just get in there and talk to someone yourself. Or maybe just put the other earring in and let her run home to mommy again. Maybe change the locks while she's gone. I don't think legal precedent has been set on a man having to pay alimony because his wife doesn't like his choice of jewelry. But we all have to draw our lines in the sand at some point. Maybe this is not the issue for you and maybe it is. Your decision. Keep us posted.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 11:29:30 AM »
When i see older guys with earings i do tend to think that they are trying to hold onto their younger days or are trying look cool but its a personal thing. If you are happy then thats all that matters! Good luck