Author Topic: Self driving cars  (Read 4322 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Self driving cars
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:48:19 AM »
Self driving cars are going to be a reality within 5 to 10 years. What are your thoughts on them?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Joe Bald

• Sly Guy in Training
  • shine on
Re: Self driving cars
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »
Personally I'll probably welcome it. So many people drive so crazy (I live in South Florida), the cars will probably be an improvement once they're perfected.

I think the bigger transition already happened 110 years ago or so, when we went from streets that had been full of people and horse-drawn carts since the beginning of civilization, to streets being taken over by Model T's. I think it took only 5 years in some big cities! So self-driving cars are not as big a change for society to introduce, looking at it that way. We're already in the cars. We're just changing who drives them. How folks feel about it, I guess is something else.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 07:44:51 PM »
There's a lot of things to think about like sleeping and other activities while driving. What does a car do if it can't avoid a wreck but has to choose between two bad options.  Can underaged kids be in the car alone. Things like that.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 08:08:44 PM »
Maybe they come with ejection seats for those 'bad' situations.  Let's not just sit here, let's blow the passengers off the road and out of danger. Float to safety. Sound like fun if you like to live in the fast lane. Whoosh!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 08:30:28 PM »
Lol, Mr. Zed. Did you get some good meds for your fever?