Author Topic: 27 and just buzzed for first time  (Read 8269 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: 27 and just buzzed for first time
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 11:07:25 PM »
Dude; isn't it AMAZING how that tiny little bit of hair, because it was uneven and receding, could make such a dramatic difference in how you look?????  If I didn't see the photos side b y side like that I would never have believed it!  You look great!!!!!! And you look like you feel great too; am I right?

Yes, shaving against the grain will give you a slightly smoother result - but give yourself a break already!  Give your skin time to become accustomed to the razor.  It is not just the "Zen of shaven heads", it is a real thing to allow your skin to become conditioned to it.  For the first month I recommend that you just take it easy; shaving with the grain every second or third day, and allowing your skin tone to even out naturally (which will only take a few days to one week).  After you achieve the 30 day rule you will want to start experimenting with shaving against the grain, trying different razors and shaving products, etc.  You are going to have a lot of fun with this.

I can't wait to hear what - if any- reactions you get from others when they see you have shaved it all off.  I'll bet you that no one will even notice.  They will look at your eyes and they will see "you"!

Offline scooby07

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 11:14:55 PM »
Dude; isn't it AMAZING how that tiny little bit of hair, because it was uneven and receding, could make such a dramatic difference in how you look?????  If I didn't see the photos side b y side like that I would never have believed it!  You look great!!!!!! And you look like you feel great too; am I right?

Yes, shaving against the grain will give you a slightly smoother result - but give yourself a break already!  Give your skin time to become accustomed to the razor.  It is not just the "Zen of shaven heads", it is a real thing to allow your skin to become conditioned to it.  For the first month I recommend that you just take it easy; shaving with the grain every second or third day, and allowing your skin tone to even out naturally (which will only take a few days to one week).  After you achieve the 30 day rule you will want to start experimenting with shaving against the grain, trying different razors and shaving products, etc.  You are going to have a lot of fun with this.

I can't wait to hear what - if any- reactions you get from others when they see you have shaved it all off.  I'll bet you that no one will even notice.  They will look at your eyes and they will see "you"!

I know, it is crazy how much 1/16mm of hair can change the way I looked. I feel like my head even looks smaller with the shave ( even though it still feels huge because I am still not completely used to it yet haha). Okay I'll take it easy for a month and wear some sunscreen. Thanks again for the advice. I hope this post can help others who may be in the same boat I am in.. While it is definitely scary to take the plunge it is totally worth it once that weight is lifted off your shoulders.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 11:22:47 PM »
Congratulations! Looks great.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 07:09:27 AM »
Congratulations.  And good move getting ahead of the game before too many people noticed your hair loss.  I did the same thing when I started thinning. I could had kept the hair for a few more years, but I did not want to go through the entire MPB progression.  I decided long before it happened that I would shave at the first sign of MPB starting, and I did.
SlyBeard

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 09:57:55 AM »
I'm going to echo what the others have said.  The shave looks great!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 10:21:59 AM »
Huge improvement!  Congratulations.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 07:10:40 AM »
Looks great.

WElcome to SBG

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 01:19:37 PM »
Well done. Looks superb and suits you 100%.

As for going against the grain, try it! It does give you an baby smooth head! Be warned though!!! Once you go smooth you wont want to go back to any rough head!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 02:32:12 PM »
Oh wow! What a difference aging it of scraps made.  You are look sly and fly1

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 05:21:13 PM »
Welcome to the club and well done on embracing the inevitable. You wear it well.
Hair is over rated.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 11:36:06 AM »
Wow... looks really good!

Enter your email address: