Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Face Shaving

Temporary color

<< < (2/4) > >>

geeman:
I use it now and again, as the grey isn't that far along, I don't leave it in very long, so it doesn't cover 100% and doesn't look false, I do it about every 6 weeks, tbh I can't wait for the full on grey/white look, yours looks awesome reddog

Razor X:

--- Quote from: geeman on May 18, 2015, 04:30:18 AM ---I use it now and again, as the grey isn't that far along, I don't leave it in very long, so it doesn't cover 100% and doesn't look false, I do it about every 6 weeks, tbh I can't wait for the full on grey/white look, yours looks awesome reddog

--- End quote ---

It will take a while.  Everyone's different but I noticed the first grey hairs creeping in about 8-9 years ago and it's taken all that time to get to this point.  Still have a little (just a little) way to go for full-on grey:

slybeard:
Reddog, your white circle beard looks awesome to me as is, I would not color or shave it.  But if you do shave, it doesn't take that long to grow back.  As to the color, I like your white best, and that is coming from a guy that colors his beard.  It is true, especially when going from white to a dark color, the white roots will show in only a few days.  I have to color my beard weekly to keep the white at bay.  Maybe it does make you look a little younger with the dark beard, but you already look good with the white.

If you are just looking for a change, you could transition to a full beard or grow your mustache into a handlebar.

reddog:
Thanks Slybeard, I think I will take your advice. About 6 months ago, I trimmed my facial hair to stubble, and it was a shock. I didn't like it at all. I talked to the gal at Sally Beauty supply today, and she said temp color won't wash completely out. So if I didn't like it, I would have to shave it off. You know...this whole idea is about wondering how young I would look without the grey. At 61 yo, I have no wrinkles, guess I should just be happy with that.

TheSlyBear:
I"d say stick with Photoshop for seeing how you'd look with color. ;)

I'm a big fan of of both salt-n-pepper beards, and pure white. I still think Razor's is completely out-standing.

Mine may turn completely white at some point, but in the meantime I'm enjoying the mixed colors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version