Author Topic: How Can I Get Over Becoming Bald?  (Read 7763 times)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: How Can I Get Over Becoming Bald?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 06:35:40 PM »
Good advice, but I can't help notice that crownless has not posted again.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 05:58:52 AM »
Good advice, but I can't help notice that crownless has not posted again.

But he is logging in almost daily. I hope the comments provided have been helpful and perhaps he will participate again. Once you get to know us, we're a rather good bunch of guys.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Curly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 04:56:40 PM »
I was a lurker on here for probably a year before I finally buzzed it off... I didn't even post till after I done the deed.... Anyways, hope this forum helps him like it helped me..

Offline Munkynutz

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 05:22:44 PM »
I understand the dilemma although I don't think I really noticed much on the way of the thinning side until many years later, and I was in a good and stable relationship for years where most of the concerns I had about my body somehow just melted away and I focused on life instead.

As the lads here have said your hair or lack thereof do not make you more or less of a man.  This is up to you and something you will hopefully come to terms with on your own.

I have suffered for years from hating my hairline and its receded temples and am looking forward to taking the plunge with a razor and seeing how I like the shaved look.  I am pretty sure I am going to enjoy it, and as a person who has always loved the look on other people for its crispness and boldness so here is to hoping I love it on myself too.

Offline Califas_Jon

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 02:55:09 AM »
Hey man, there is some great advice from guys here that have been through it. Just thought I would chime in and tell you that I'm 22 and have been balding since high school as well. I understand the toll it take on your self esteem and the way you see yourself through other people. Don't let what you think other people are thinking of you dictate your life. I'm finishing college now and have taken control of my situation by shaving my hair off and not having to worry about the way it looks. You should definitely avoid those hair growth products if you know you are damaging yourself and not getting results. The best thing you can do is have a healthier lifestyle that is rich in quality fats: grass fed butter, coconut oil, avocados, etc and quality proteins: grass fed meats, pasture raised eggs and keep carbohydrates to a minimum, white rice and sweet potatoes are always a good choice. This is what I have been doing along with taking supplemental grass fed collagen and I feel a lot better and have seen some a bit of an increase in growth of hair on the front-top of my head.

Anyways, this is just my two cents, hoping that it might hep you a bit. Hope all is well and that all of your efforts yield a positive outcome!

Offline crownless

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 03:07:57 PM »
Hey guys!I know its been almost a year since I last posted, but I want to thank you all for your heartfelt advice. Recently I shaved my head because I messed up at cutting my own hair, and it actually looks good on me. Recently I started approaching women (even with a shaved head) and had some success that's really bolstered my morale. That's not to say my confidence is completely bullet proof, but I am making strides in the right direction.

For now, I plan to grow it out, while I still can, but when the time comes to cut it short or shave it I'll be ready!
Thanks again guys for helping out an uninitiated noobie!

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 03:25:57 AM »
It's not for everyone being bald, but at least you gave it a try.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline beardbald

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 07:43:46 PM »
I kept my hair till I was no longer happy with it and it bothered me more to have it than to not. When I got to the point of shaving my hair it had receeded so it looked awful in pictures and in the gym I would always catch sight of my bald spot in mirrors and it started to make me really unhappy. Shaving my head changed the shape of my face in pics as before all I could see was a huge forehead and I felt much more confident in how I looked when I did it and those concerns went.

I do think that shaving a full head of hair isn't the same. You don't have the doubts / worries that someone has when their hair starts to go naturally. The end result may be the same but I do find it frustrating when people dismiss hairloss concerns with the "I shaved all my hair off and am therefore some kind of higher being" , just because they shaved their head and seem to think it's the same... . It isn't. It's a different kind of choice.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:46:42 PM by beardbald »