Author Topic: looking for someone who can provide virtual head shaving work  (Read 4942 times)

Offline jessetcooper

• Learning the way of Sly
looking for someone who can provide virtual head shaving work
« on: February 09, 2015, 02:54:46 PM »
Hi sly guys,

I've been struggling with thinning hair for about 8 years now, and to me that's significant seeing as I'm only 26. My older brother experienced the same thing when he was growing up, but undoubtedly more severe than myself. He was drastically balding when he was just 20 and started seeing it when he was 16, and finally accepted the baldness when he was 24. I struggle with the acceptance because I feel like my dome would not be nearly as smooth or attractive. I have tried to stay blissfully unaware/optimistic that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I just got married to my beautiful wife in January, and we just got our wedding pictures back and I was floored. I saw one picture at the beginning of the set of photos and my jaw dropped. My thinning hair was so much worse than I was aware of. It was mortifying. I was so embarrassed that that image out me was deemed "normal" for me, and that no one has said anything about it. This is my driving force to reach out to my fellow mpb sufferers in hope of some assistance and compassion.

I was hoping someone on this forum would be able to do a virtual job of shaving my head before I took the plunge. Any and all assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Jesse Cooper
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:09:44 PM by jessetcooper »

Offline rss114

• Sly
  • Finally Sly
Re: looking for someone who can provide virtual head shaving work
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:34:48 PM »
There are lots of apps in both the android and the iTunes app stores that are free that you can upload a pic to and see what you will look like bald

Offline jessetcooper

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 03:50:09 PM »
I tried out at least 3 apps from the Android market and each one came out looking comical and not at all reassuring or helpful. I guess I'm just looking for a more professional attempt at it. I was looking up ways to better gauge the outcome and found a bunch of sites offering to take a picture, tweek it with Photoshop, and come up with an almost realistic possibility of what one would look like. If I were at all capable with Photoshop, or any other photo editing software, I would attempt it myself, but I'm completely out of my element in that regard.

Offline jessetcooper

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »
Also, ask of those sites weren't in operation any longer.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 09:17:39 PM »
Welcome, Jesse!

Maybe you could take gradual steps by first starting out with a shorter buzz cut..then if you get used to it, you could try a 1-guard, then no-guard and eventually, if you like the sly look then go for the razor...Everyone handles baldness on different levels, but the idea is to get comfortable when you go shorter and shorter. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 09:26:22 PM »
There are people here with heads of all different shapes and sizes, rarely is there a head so horrific that it needs to remain covered by hair.
post a few pics of yourself, and you would definitely get some opinions in how good your head would look shaved.
Also you could talk to your wife, she obviously loves you that appearing balding in the wedding photos didn't bother her, but I suspect she would be very supportive of you accepting your balding state and going to a hair style more flattering or shaved bald.

I think I've said enough now, but Welcome mate!

God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline jessetcooper

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 08:33:19 AM »
In the first picture, I'm on the right, and my brother is on the left. These are wedding photos and they are the most recent pictures I have. These are just a few of the photos, and the 1st one, the balding is very noticeable. I've resorted to a quasi-come over to hide the thinning

Offline EmDe

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 11:44:14 AM »
Hi Jesse,

I honestly think it would look good on you to buzz it short or shave it smooth. You got a nice face and a good beard-style. I remember exactly when I was looking around for the virtual head-shave tools, but none of them come close to how it really looks. I guarantee you, you will LOVE the day when you say "f*ck it" and trim in down to a few millimeter. I walked in the sun as if I was in that scene of Bruce Almighty, with the "I've got the power"... it feels so relaxing. Congratulations also on your marriage... I'm sure your wife will benefit a lot as well from the less worrying version of you. Time to concentrate on all the good stuff in life :) In almost all cases I've read over the past few years, and definitely also in my on case, the confidence has grown a lot after taking the plunge. Having a bald/buzzed hairstyle is so much better of a feeling than sticking with a hairstyle that no longer suits your hair-growth.

Take care man :) And go for it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 01:38:54 PM »
Yeah Jesse, I have to agree that it is time to get rid of the scraps!  Treat yourself to a nice tight buzzcut or a real straight razor head shave in a barbershop that still does them. 

I guarantee that you are going to feel a rush of "man" power like you never felt before and that you will walk out of their with a swagger!  Shaving your head is the most masculine, self-empowering and freeing feeling that I have known. 

And once you carry that feeling back home to  your wife - she will agree!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 03:33:27 PM »
I reckon those front on photos give a good indication of how your head would look without hair cos the non-quasi combover side, it shows some way back, I find a beard and shaved head goes great too, i think partly me having such strong eyebrows i want something else on my face, but with you I reckon you could easily go either way of shave it all or keep the beard, I know it would take a while to grow back the quasi combover but i reckon seeing yourself with either short hair or completely bald, I don't reckon you would look back
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!