Author Topic: Laser Hair Treatments to Speed Up Balding  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Classfood

• Learning the way of Sly
Laser Hair Treatments to Speed Up Balding
« on: January 17, 2015, 03:04:20 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with Laser hair removal for the scalp?  I'm a young guy with male pattern baldness and the horseshoe pattern is starting to develop.  I give myself a head shave daily.  I'm thinking of Laser hair treatments to speed up the balding process.  I heard it's not as good as electrolysis, but it's much cheaper.  I also heard, I would need several treatments to become bald and never have to shave again in the treated area.  Even if it doesn't stop my hair from growing completely, I would still be happy, because my daily head shave would be much easier with slower growing hair.  Is Laser hair removal for the scalp safe if it is done at a clinic with a professional licensed technition?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:49:37 PM by Classfood »

Offline SimplySly

• Sly and Bearded
  • Ad Free Elite
  • Sly Jr.
Re: Laser Hair Treatments to Speed Up Balding
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:37:14 PM »
Never thought about it.  More than likely you will never go completely bald, I started loosing my hair when I was in high school and I am almost 50 now and still have a lot of hair in the horseshoe.  It would be cool though to just have it gone completely.
Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Laser Hair Treatments to Speed Up Balding
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 08:44:16 AM »
I don't know if you can actually "speed up" balding, but there are ways that you can make your hair grow back slower and finer. Some members here and on a couple of other bald forums like to tweeze all of their hair one area at a time....It can be painful in the beginning, but the hair grows back slower and finer. Other options are to epilate and wax your head which could be painful also, but these methods are more effective if you have more than just "stubble". I can't speak for electrolysis, but even if you get laser treatments, you still will have to shave at some point...just a lot less. I have a friend in Texas who got laser treatements and he is happy but he says the hair grows back finer in a period of four to eight weeks depending. But to have to shave once a month or every other month as opposed to every day/few days is a good tradeoff in his eyes.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.