Author Topic: getting a new tattoo tonight in Thailand  (Read 6798 times)

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
Re: getting a new tattoo tonight in Thailand
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 03:55:50 PM »
Nice ink!  Some good details on there.  How long did the whole process take?
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »
The entire tattoo took about 9 hours; but it should not have.  He wanted to knock it out in one straight session but there were these two Canadian chicks in the shop (only one of which was getting a tattoo of a mermaid and a turtle on her upper leg).  Those two were yacking and yacking and yacking for 7 hours straight and they were constantly doing the "well how about it we do this instead" thing.  The artist doing the tattoo didn't speak any English so every time their was a new "crisis" my guy had to stop tattooing me and go translate! 

The "Yacking" was painful enough in and of itself (especially with my hearing aids).  But tattooing the lower back is extremely painful.  It has to be to most painful tattoo I have ever experienced.  And each time we got into rhythm and the endorphins would kick it, he would have to stop tattooing and go moderate a chick crisis for about 20 minutes.   That gave my brain and endorphins time to go back to normal.  So each time he restarted it was like starting all over again.  Finally, at 1:30AM I said; "that is it!  No more tonight!".  so we finished coloring in the tigers the next morning at about 11:00AM to 12:30PM.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »
Wow!  I've done a straight 6 hour session, but 9 hours?!  Without the interruption, he probably could have finished in 6 or 7.  I do hate the interruptions too, especially when it's someone who's not even getting any ink done!
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"