Author Topic: trimmer for goatee...what do you use?  (Read 4695 times)

Offline waliguy

• Sly Jr.
trimmer for goatee...what do you use?
« on: August 04, 2007, 09:10:26 AM »
I've switched to a Remington PG-250 for my Goatee.  It's ok, but I'd like a little closer trim.  I get about 1/4 inch.  What are you slysters using out there?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: trimmer for goatee...what do you use?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 09:26:08 AM »
I've switched to a Remington PG-250 for my Goatee.  It's ok, but I'd like a little closer trim.  I get about 1/4 inch.  What are you slysters using out there?

I just bought a Remington Titanium at Target this week -- I think it was about $30.  It will definitely get you closer than 1/4" because that is what I accidentally did  :( .   I really can't go that short because of my hair color.  It becomes too hard to see and looks really sloppy, like when you're first trying to grow a beard.

I don't care what anybody says -- these things are not as idiot proof as we're led to believe, and it IS possible to mess up your beard with them.  I thought I was being really careful -- but I'd set it down for a minute and when I picked it back up, I was holding it with the blade facing in the wrong direction.  My old Norelco had to be held with the length control knob facing you.  This is just the opposite and I forgot.    :Xo!

The good news is that the goat is pretty much back to normal now.

Offline waliguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:35:39 AM »
I'm looking to go very tight on the Goatee.  I have a little grey that ONLY shows in the goatee.

So maybe 1/8 inch is what I'm looking for.  The Remington I have is being used on the shortest setting.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 09:39:18 AM »
I'm looking to go very tight on the Goatee.  I have a little grey that ONLY shows in the goatee.

So maybe 1/8 inch is what I'm looking for.  The Remington I have is being used on the shortest setting.

Have you tried holding it in the opposite direction?  That's how I ended up going shorter than I'd planned.

Offline lloyddailey2000

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 09:00:08 PM »
i dont have a goatee but i have a mustache and i use a wahl beard and mustache trimmer, they work great with the attachments.

Offline lloyddailey2000

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 09:46:28 PM »
hey man, i dont have a goatee, but i have a mustache and i use a beard and mustache trimmer. its got different settings on it, so you can set it as close you want it.