Author Topic: review of hb sport  (Read 6669 times)

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
Re: review of hb sport
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 10:57:29 AM »
The Headblade takes a little adjusting to get used to, but now that I've been using it for months, I can't imagine going back to my Mach 3.  The only times I've knicked myself were when I tried a dual-blade cartridge and the times I wasn't paying attention and made my ear bleed.

I've found that one way to get an even closer shave is to take some advice I read here once and shave my head in the morning after being up for a few hours.  I assume the fluid that's built up in your scalp overnight drains out, exposing more of the stubble.  It's the same reason I always get a really close shave in the evenings.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 04:24:04 PM »
Hey blondeguy, welcome back bro.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline caliwrestla

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 09:44:54 PM »
yeah i tried doing the chin tip down trick and no nicks today so that was kinda kool juz a lil bit of razor burn but yah i cant complain bout that :)

jusbnme

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 07:28:23 AM »
I have found I like the classic better than the  'sport'....anyone else have that experience?
'

Yeah, when I used the HB I did prefer the classic to the sport.  I don't know what it was about the classic but it just seemed like it cut closer.  It seemed to me that the wheels on the sport seemed to interfere with the closeness of the shave.  It was like it would let it sit it's best on my head.  I don't know?  Anyone else know what I'm talking about?  :-\

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 02:55:53 PM »
Hey Lance,
I have only used the sport so far, and I have been happy with it.
I have not changed the original blade it came with yet, but I think it may be time to soon; getting a little more pull and resistance now.

I think it's more of a preference thing. I feel like I may have trouble with a classic because I am used to the sport. The wheels definitely help you roll smoother, and since I haven't seen a classic in the store I dont know what the part you rest on your head looks like. I think the shaving arc is still the same, but we may have to check with the HB guys on that.
My current view on it is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Heck, I'm so worried that when I change my blade I'm going to get chopped up, because it seems to have happened to some of the other guys. But I will have to eventually.
I will let you know how it goes.

Joe

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 08:28:16 PM »
I also like the twin atra blades better than the triple blades... but I'm funny like that.