Author Topic: Looking for a new Aggressive DE Razor for shaving my head  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Sly Red Eye

• Sly Red Eye
  • Learning the way of Sly
Looking for a new Aggressive DE Razor for shaving my head
« on: November 12, 2014, 07:22:47 PM »
Hey sly guys & girls.  It's been a while since I've been here, but all has been going well.  Anyways straight to the point.  I've been shaving my head with the Merkur 33c DE Razor for 6 months now and am quite comfortable using it, but I am looking for a more aggressive shave.  I am hooked on DE razors and was looking for some aggressive razors for a closer shave.  I just recently heard of a DE razor that was slanted which is called the Merkur HD Slant Safety Razor 37C.  I found it bizarre and was wondering if it would be any good for shaving your head, everybody seems to be more focused on shaving the face with it, so I was questioning whether or not it is a good choice.  I did see the Merkur Future adjustable one which looks sick, but I'm not looking to spend more than 50 dollars on a new razor.  So if any of you have any suggestions to an aggressive razor, I'm all ears.

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
Re: Looking for a new Aggressive DE Razor for shaving my head
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:20:58 AM »
If you are looking for more efficient, then a 37c, or a vintage NEW are both good options.  I use both for my head.  By efficient, I mean same shave fewer passes required.  You can also get more efficiency out of a vintage slim or fatboy adjustable, although I still wouldn't consider them aggressive.

If you want aggressive, which to me implies more blade exposure and the potential for both a closer shave and higher irritation levels if wielded improperly, then the R41 and the Fatip are two I've heard recommended.