Author Topic: Men with male pattern baldness are at higher risk of developing prostate cancer?  (Read 6772 times)

Offline Shady_725

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald rookie, Appreciating any support and tips :)
The bottom half of this article says it all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2765663/Going-bald-It-BAD-news-heart-GOOD-news-love-life.html

Apparently having male pattern baldness could show potential vulnerabilitys.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
The comments were the best part of the post.  You Brits slay me!  :*))

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

bald Luck14

I only focus on the good aspects of being bald.  :)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
But that is really good news for young guys who are all torn up about losing their hair.

If you are young and losing your hair you have a LOT more testosterone than your peers.  You are a screaming nuclear powered sex machine!!!

And, if that means that you are at higher risk for male cancer - then man-up and get your regular exams!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Blah, blah, blah. We need to stop worrying about sht we can't control and enjoy life. I don't put too much stock in this "research."
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Did they mention whether getting a hair transplant from the Hair Club could act as a preventive measure against prostate cancer?
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
And just being male means we have a far greater chance of dying before our female peers. We all will die of something at some time.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

bald Luck14

Blah, blah, blah. We need to stop worrying about sht we can't control and enjoy life. I don't put too much stock in this "research."

Well said!