Author Topic: First shave: problem with a scalp  (Read 2800 times)

Offline cuie

• Learning the way of Sly
First shave: problem with a scalp
« on: September 05, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »
Hi,

I shaved my head for the first time with a electric shaver. Probably a bad idea :)

Anyways, I noticed that I have these white "pimples" (see attached image). Those make my bald look pretty bad.

Any ideas what those might be? Could they be from shaving my head with a trimmer with #0 guard (about 1mm).

Any ideas how can I make my skin / bald look even coloured? I´ll have to grow a short stubble if my skin looks like this...

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
Re: First shave: problem with a scalp
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 03:14:41 PM »
Those are probably just ingrown hairs. That will go away as you shave your head more often, but don't shave again until that clears up. For future reference shave with the grain for a while then shave against the grain.
Electric shaving is fine, but it won't get you as close of a shave as using a blade.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 03:25:59 PM »
Welcome, cuie!

Adding onto what greatnessinc said, it may be a good idea to wash your scalp before shaving to clean some of the dirt out of the pores.....Alcohol, or witch hazel may help the bumps heal a bit faster. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BaldSoxFan

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 08:27:56 PM »
The first time I shaved my head bald, I used an awful old electric and it left red scratches all over my scalp. It looked like I lost a fight with a bobcat. Then I started shaving against the grain with a Gillette Fusion and Headslick. After a few months of honing my technique, I was able to get perfect shaves with no bumps or irritation. I would recommend using a good razor (fusion, mach 3, etc) with headslick or bump patrol shave ge land go with the grain until your scalp gets used to shaving.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 09:45:29 PM »
Welcome, Cuie!  I agree that you should wait until it clears up before shaving again.  It probably will look better in a day or two.

Offline cuie

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 11:50:26 PM »
Thanks for the support guys :)

I´ll wait couple of days and see how it develops. I actually have a Gillette Fusion, so I reckon I´ll try that next time.

Now the biggest problem is my wife who liked the trimmed (guard #1) more than the bald but I think she´ll get use to it ;)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 07:03:34 AM »
(Sorry, the quote feature on this site removes the quote when I request that it keep the quote).

Now the biggest problem is my wife who liked the trimmed (guard #1) more than the bald but I think she´ll get use to it ;)

Yes, My wife got used to it.  Now really likes it.  Just like you getting used to when she switches from waist length hair to a 'bob' or 'pixie'.  Takes a while to get used to it.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 12:46:09 PM »
(Sorry, the quote feature on this site removes the quote when I request that it keep the quote).

Yes, My wife got used to it.  Now really likes it.  Just like you getting used to when she switches from waist length hair to a 'bob' or 'pixie'.  Takes a while to get used to it.

Mine got used to it too.  She seems to like the look on other guys more now too... :x!   ;) and thinks a beard looks better with a shaved head than with a full head of hair.  Funny how people see things differently when the topic gets "closer to home". 

Offline slick_skull_guy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 07:42:53 PM »
Hey cuie!!
I'm currently running through the same action and all of the quotes and info is dead on.  I was given one other piece of info given by a SBG member of Bump Patrol that I bought at Walmart. I must admit I was Sly for over three years and grew it back for a couple years then dove head long without looking up for reminders and ended up with almost 200 bumps!!!!!  I feel your pain brother, keep it as sly as you can on the rebound and you will be full out Sly in no time.

Sly by choice!!!