Author Topic: in need of some SERIOUS HELP. 22 years old lost.  (Read 5286 times)

Offline cristianofangueiro

• Learning the way of Sly
in need of some SERIOUS HELP. 22 years old lost.
« on: June 18, 2015, 08:20:04 AM »
Hello people in the forum. Im not a native english speaker so if i misspell something im sorry.
Im a 22 year old guy going bald at a very high rate.
I used to be such a confident guy when i had a full set of hair and got alot of attention from other people.
But now it seems that i lost my inner confidence, and its becoming a problem in my social and my work life, i fell that im the same person but i dont think other people have the same ideia of me that they had right now.

i have only 2 questions for you guys since some of you might went through the things im going right now.

The first one is how do i regain my confidence back ? i want to become the social guy that i was before this started to happening.

the other question ...is my hairstyle considered a comeover ? i really hate my hairstyle right now and dont have ideias for what to do.
 I thinking about buzzcutting on the sides more than on top but really have no ideia what would i look like.
 so any advice on what i should do regarding my hairstyle ?

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:32:06 PM by cristianofangueiro »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: in need of some SERIOUS HELP. 22 years old lost.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 10:20:48 AM »
It's not a combover but your hair has thinned out considerably and the only thing you can really do is buzz it very short all over or shave it completely. My preference would be for a complete shave but if you aren't ready to go that far, then opt for the buzz.  Don't try to save what's left on top -- it's too late for that and it will be a cleaner, tidier look with it all gone.

Once you've buzzed/shaved there will be an adjustment period but your confidence should come back rather quickly once you've taken control of the situation.  Good luck.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »
I think you need to try for something shorter. You have a great headshape and the goatee is a nice touch too. Stick around, we're here to help!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 12:59:04 PM »
You have the perfect look for a bald head and Goatee!

Look, you are losing your hair, fact! Nothing you can do to get it back, fact!

So, what is next! Wear a wig? Yuk!!! Hair transplant, no way!!!!

Shave and take on a new you! A new look, a new future! Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it! Shave it off and start living again. You will be so happy mate. It will be a new, positive you. Give it at least 30 days to see how you feel. I know for a fact i would never go back to having any hair on my dome!!! The look, the feeling!!! Go for bald!!

Take care buddy

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »
I echo by saying go ahead and shave it completely! It will look very good on you with the goatee. I'm only several years older than you are and you wouldn't believe the compliments I've had.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 02:52:08 PM »
like the others are saying, shaving seems the obvious option here, while you can just pull off that hairstyle, I would say it's days are limited, I had my hair cut like that for a while until i really couldn't and my then girl friend actually suggested that I shave it off, and I have never looked back
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »
Try the buzz cut - it usually looks great on most guys ....

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 07:56:03 PM »
You're got a great face, and I definitely think that going shorter will emphasize that and hide your thinning.  So I agree with the others guys...a short buzzcut or shaving will work well for you.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 08:32:02 PM »
I agree with the gentlemen before me that a shorter style will make the thinning less visible; but whether you shave it, buzz it, or just leave it to let nature proceed, you have got to remember that YOU are the same guy under your scalp regardless of how much hair may remain on it. If people liked you before you started losing your hair, they will continue to do so as long as you do not start acting like you think you should be treated differently.

There is a lot more to you than your hair. Don't allow your hair to become the focal point of how you see yourself.

And welcome to the board, sir!
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 10:42:27 AM »
It's not a combover but your hair has thinned out considerably and the only thing you can really do is buzz it very short all over or shave it completely. My preference would be for a complete shave but if you aren't ready to go that far, then opt for the buzz.  Don't try to save what's left on top -- it's too late for that and it will be a cleaner, tidier look with it all gone.

Once you've buzzed/shaved there will be an adjustment period but your confidence should come back rather quickly once you've taken control of the situation.  Good luck.

Do you think buzzing it out will decieve the thinning ? did you have this moment where you felt you had no confidence in yourself in your life ?

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 10:46:36 AM »
I agree with the gentlemen before me that a shorter style will make the thinning less visible; but whether you shave it, buzz it, or just leave it to let nature proceed, you have got to remember that YOU are the same guy under your scalp regardless of how much hair may remain on it. If people liked you before you started losing your hair, they will continue to do so as long as you do not start acting like you think you should be treated differently.

There is a lot more to you than your hair. Don't allow your hair to become the focal point of how you see yourself.

And welcome to the board, sir!

I really think that i am the same person , my problem is how people arround me started to act differently when i starting balding, thus leaving me with less confidence.
Never really gave that much importance to hair but now that is happening to me im starting to give more importance than i should.
Didnt you guys  have this moment, when you starting thinning, where your scared what will happen to your social life ? I know i shouldn´t give this so much importance but i am really scared.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:55:39 AM by cristianofangueiro »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »

Do you think buzzing it out will decieve the thinning ? did you have this moment where you felt you had no confidence in yourself in your life ?

Buzzing or shaving will deemphasize the thinning. It will also make you look more bald, which you have to accept is something that is going to happen no matter what you do or don't do.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 11:26:52 AM »
I started shaving as that is what i wanted back then. Now, if i leave it grow you can see i am going bald!!

Look, try it close cut or shaved. It will grow back!