Author Topic: Not Sure  (Read 4374 times)

Offline TylerEA

• Learning the way of Sly
Not Sure
« on: November 17, 2015, 02:27:36 PM »
I'm definitely balding, but i'm not sure if I should go for a complete shave or let it slowly recede?
Not sure about my head shape either. I'm very new to this website so i'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Not Sure
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 02:44:17 PM »
Lots of guys (needlessly) worry about their head shape. So you're not alone there, and almost always it's just not an issue.

If you're not sure about a complete shave yet, try buzzing it down with clippers so you get a better idea of what you will look like. Hair grows back faster than you likely think, so there's really nothing to lose. If you don't like it, it just grows back.

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »
(Just about) everyone worries about their head shape.
And (just about) everyone thinks their own head shape looks weird, especially at first. You're just not used to seeing your head without hair.
Take SlyBear's advice. He is wise in the ways of sly.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »
Welcome to the board, sir.

From what I see in your picture, your hairloss does not appear to be very far advanced. I usually am in the minority about this, but my opinion is that you should enjoy what you have while you have it. There is plenty of time to shave or buzz it down.

If, however, you are ready to try it now, but do not want to go all the way just yet, then I concur with SlyBear. Ease into it.

And don't worry about your head's shape. It looks fine.

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 07:30:48 PM »
I think we are at 100% for guys that think their head shape may not be suited to a shaved head.  Yous still have enough hair, but when you are ready, don't get too hung up on head shape.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 09:36:25 PM »
Chillax!  Like the other guys say; everyone has the same narcissistic insecurity about the "shape" of their head.  But once you shave your head, and you give both yourself and your significant others a chance to get used to it, no one will even notice your head anymore.  Why, because once the receding hairline is gone there is nothing to draw one's attention to your head - they automatically focus in on your eyes instead.

Offline TylerEA

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 04:03:30 AM »
You guys are awesome. I've read through a lot of posts on here and it seems to be a really welcoming and encouraging community. Thanks for your help!

Offline Hewitson

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 04:33:00 AM »
Although your hair loss is not even noticable I still say shave it. I would still shave my head even if I didn't suffer from hair loss.

I guarantee you'll feel more confident if you do.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 06:42:28 AM »
Welcome, Tyler!

I think that you still have decent coverage, but you could just take it slow by going gradually shorter. Even if you shave and you don't like it, you can always grow it back.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 09:55:42 AM »
I think you still have some time before it becomes noticeable.

As you can see by my avatar, I am BBC (bald by choice) I had a couple annoying thin spots that only had so much time before I would be forced to deal with them.  So, I beat nature to the punch and took a razor to my scalp.  My first impression was why did I wait so long after thinking about doing it for many years.

If you are curious or even contemplating shaving, I say go for it in no uncertain terms, if you like it, then presto!  If your not terribly crazy about it, your hair will grow back in about 2 months. 

Best of luck to you...

John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 05:54:52 AM »
like others i would buzz it - shorter and shorter.  everyone's head shape is bit different. 

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 08:24:43 AM »
As far as I can see from your pic there's no need for you to shave your head now (unless you want it!)