Author Topic: Epic Beard Again?  (Read 42080 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: Epic Beard Again?
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2019, 07:17:34 PM »
Well, I should say that after about 3 years of no trims, I have finally trimmed the beard down.  It seems that it had hit terminal length of about a foot for the longest strands.  But the beard was doing a strange “fork” thing.  I really didn’t care for that look!  So I got a nice tasteful trim.  The beard is still long but doesn’t look ratty now!  So here’s the before and after!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2019, 09:31:15 PM »
Looks a lot tidier.   O0

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2019, 11:12:12 PM »
Looks good.  the trim job makes the beard look thicker and makes you look just a bit more "stylish".

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2019, 02:35:38 AM »
Awesome... I noticed you shaved your head, too.

I agree with @Semi-Sly your beard looks thicker with the trim.

I get to terminal length, and it's like six hairs at the end. At some point... it looks better, shorter.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2019, 03:40:13 AM »
Yep, indeed, the head is shaved again!!  When I started shaving my head, I was not terribly bald.  I had a bit of recession.  I was balding but still had a bit of hair left.  So in the past few years, I had occasionally grown out the fringe for a short time to see how naturally bald I was.  I had never gone beyond two months in terms of growth.  So I had wanted to experience being a naturally MPB man.  I had even thought of growing out a ponytail!  But the sly look kept calling me!  I think I look good with MPB but I think I look better Sly! 

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2019, 05:56:06 AM »
Looks good @marshd1000

I also start getting the fork when I allow more length.  While at one time I was on a quest for growing as long as I could (terminal), it just does not look good on me with the few strands that actually get long combined with the fork.  Now, I keep it trimmed just shorted than the length where the fork normally starts for me.  You are blessed to still have substantial length after the trim.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2019, 06:35:54 AM »
Looking good Marsh! I really like your newly shaved head. I'll get it feels great to be smooth again. It's a much cleaner look.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2019, 10:12:15 AM »
@marshd1000 the trim looks great and so does the freshly shaved head! 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »
I admire your moustache also; it adds style. And I think that you look younger with your head shaved and your beard, than with the MPB fringe and the beard.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2019, 04:40:13 PM »
I admire your moustache also; it adds style. And I think that you look younger with your head shaved and your beard, than with the MPB fringe and the beard.

Tyler, I hope that this summer we can have a pic together with our Sly domes!  I am hoping to be in the Bay Area!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2019, 03:19:48 PM »
@marshd1000 I look forward to it!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: