Author Topic: New to Bald comm  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Matt F

• Learning the way of Sly
New to Bald comm
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:52:57 AM »
Shaved my head 2 weeks ago after slowly losing my hair since I was about 20. I had tonnes of thick hair so it only became noticeable a couple of years ago. Two weeks ago I shaved my head with my wife's razor! It's taken her a while to get used to it and I'm really thankful for her; it must be pretty tough seeing a change in your partner like that (I'm 28 and we've been together since we were 18!). That said, it took me a while to get used to the fact that I was losing my hair and it's been pretty emotional. Couple of weeks ago as people started to joke more about it (which I had gotten used to), I thought screw it and shaved it all off! Since then I've been buzzing without the guard (razor blades are expensive and blunt quickly) and I love it. Took me a while to get used to, but it's so nice not having to worry about arranging thin hair! My mum got upset when she saw me as my dad lost all his hair a couple of years ago when he had chemo....I understand this, but told her she'd have to get used to it. Everyone else...so far....have been fine with it, but I did it for me and my own confidence. Looking forward to bulking up a bit, finding facial hair look and getting some cool shades next summer! This is a great website guys.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: New to Bald comm
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
Welcome Matt. You're in good company here.

Congrats on taking charge of the situation. As you've already discovered, maintaining a Sly look (whether buzz or shaved) is incredibly easy.

Hope you'll participate regularly - interesting bunch of folks here.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 10:04:11 AM »
Welcome to the group, Matt!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Matt F

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 10:05:20 AM »
Welcome Matt. You're in good company here.

Congrats on taking charge of the situation. As you've already discovered, maintaining a Sly look (whether buzz or shaved) is incredibly easy.

Hope you'll participate regularly - interesting bunch of folks here.

Cheers mate.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »
Welcome to the sly world, Matt! Shaving your head is going to make a world of difference in how you feel about yourself. It did for me. Congratulations. Oh, and mothers seem to take it the hardest!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 08:09:49 PM »
Welcome Matt! Going along with what Mike said, you will feel better about yourself and find you'll have more energy since it won't be spent on hair loss.  I know it doesn't make you feel any better when I say I'm glad I didn't have to experience my mother's reaction to me first shaving my head.  There is no telling what kind of negative things she would have said to me had she still been alive.  As for your case, it will get better. Just give it a couple more weeks and she'll have adjusted. You did the right thing by shaving it off. When people start to talk about your hair loss, it's a sure sign to let it all go.  I still don't regret my decision to shave it off and I'm also 28 by the way. I love going into work every morning with a clean shaven head and wouldn't dare have it any other way.

Offline Hairloss BaldWin

• Sly Jr.
  • www.hairlossbaldwin.com
    • Hairloss BaldWin
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 05:43:37 AM »
Awesome stuff Matt, not worrying about how you're going to look the next day is one of the best things about being bald and not balding... those days when I was trying to hide it were the scariest because I was always stressing about how to hide my balding as I lose more and more hair.

Life is going to be some much more liberated from this point on :D
Helping guys realize that the only real way of dealing with going bald is accepting it and loving yourself unconditionally - www.hairlossbaldwin.com

Enter your email address: