Author Topic: Should I go the whole way?  (Read 7442 times)

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
Re: Should I go the whole way?
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 04:11:43 PM »
AJ - I bet, but I don't want to shock everyone too quickly by removing the shadow. Reactions from my family have not been good... my parents hate it (sort of expected), my brothers are not keen. The friends I've seen so far like it. I'm on holiday at the moment and back to work Monday, so we'll see how my colleagues react. Last time they saw me was a day before post #1 on this thread; so I had a pretty full head of hair, which I'm returning without. For me personally... I like it

I understand completely. You do what you think is best.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 06:26:10 PM »
nickster,

I think your look good with the short buzz.  What I think it proves is that you have a good head for the shaved look.  I think shaved will look even better because there will be no hair to show the receded hairline, and the focus will be on your face....and the beard adds to the look.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 09:00:15 PM »
Remember that you're not trying to look good for your parents or your brothers.  Ignore them; they will get used to it and stop commenting.

Now finish the job!   :D

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 11:35:30 PM »
You look great with the zero. You are only 3 days growth from a smooth shave basically.  You look more up to date. Your first picture was like a 1980's haircut trying too hard to look like someone who is hiding under the hair. This cut or shaved smooth makes you look younger and more appealing, more contemporary.  You look much better this way and smooth shaved will not be viewed by anyone as much different from the zero length. I often sport a #1 or zero and most people don't make a distinction, they just say Im shaved. Lately I have been razor shaving every 2 or 3 days because I LIKE it that way and no one says anything negative or different.  Plus its fun to do and feels amazing when totally smooth. You will love it. 

Enter your email address: