Author Topic: Well...... I'm Sly!  (Read 15969 times)

Offline outsider82

• Sly
Re: Well...... I'm Sly!
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2007, 03:45:29 PM »
Hey guys, Just an update.

I saw my parents the other week for my mum's birthday. Well this was the most unexpected surprise, My dad of all people said that my hair was too short. My mum said that she agreed. My dad is bald himself, I was expecting him to say that he liked it. Most of the other guys in my family said that it made me look like a younger replica of my Dad.

I'm currently in europe on a work trip, and unfortunatly have let my hair grow back. But never fear, you haven't lost a Sly brother, I intend  on going back to  the slick dome once i'm back in Australia.

Just thought i would check in and say hi to all you guys.

Out

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2007, 04:02:54 PM »
out....glad 2 c ya checking in.  post up when ya get back home 2 australia.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2007, 04:33:16 PM »
Glad to hear from you out, hope you're having a good trip.  Great that you thought to give us an update.   Get back safe, get back sly. 8)
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2007, 05:58:28 PM »
Good to hear from you, outsider.  Maybe you can do a before and after photo shot when you get to the land down under.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2007, 06:45:29 PM »
Great to hear from you, Out.  Make sure we get a "fresh" pic when you get back home and return to SLY....
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2007, 08:28:56 PM »
Hey Out, good to see you back. Thought maybe you threw in the towel.
Post up new un-sly and back to sly pics if you can.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2007, 11:29:56 PM »
Wow, what's all this talk of Out throwing in the towel..

I'm glad you haven't lost your sense man..you rock the bald head...and the goat looks cool too...

so why aren't you properly represently "sly" on your vacation...dude there may be a price to pay :x!

Naw j/k...looks too good bro, I hope you keep the  slick bald head!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2007, 11:52:29 PM »
Hey Out glad to hear everything is going well for you.

You arent missing anything in Sydney.It has been locked down all week because of the APEC forum. Dubya and Hu Jintao are in town

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2007, 03:03:26 AM »
Hey Out ......

We do stock razors over here in Europe too y'know!  >:D There's really no excuse bro!

Anyway, good to hear from you ... just make sure you shave it FIRST THING upon your return to Oz or we may have to review your membership!   :x!

His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2007, 09:26:11 AM »
I'll post some pics when i get back. I know that europe has cought on to the razor bandwagen. It all started when i went to pick up my Passport from my parents place. After taking a look at the pic on my passport it made me realise that i didn;t look anything like the Young kid that was represented on the ID page. So I let it grow back just enough for me to get past Customs.

I know that we've had this conversation before in another thread, but I didnt want to risk any trouble since i was traveling though the UK and Germany (regarding the Security levels in those countries recently).

I will shave it again when i get back because I loved the smooth feel. Although i did have a problem where i was getting an irritated head when I shaved which does detract from the whole experience.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2007, 10:02:39 AM »
Out, the irritaton should go away with regular shaving, but you can always try different products for after your shave.
Have you used Bald Guyz moisture gel or HB Headlube yet? Most of our bro's here use one of these. Some guys have said they prefer just aloe vera gel. Check out the other threads to get some info.
And get back to the smooth noggin' soon as you can!   ;)

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2007, 05:12:42 PM »
Outsider -- great to see your post from Europe.  You were one of the guys whose deliberations and transformation I observed while a lurked on this site for a couple months before I joined.  The Sly look suits you well, particularly with the goatee, in my opinion.  Regarding the irritation you get when you shave -- I feel for ya. 

(I'm 6 wks. Sly yesterday.)  My solution has been to go electric (yeah, I know, I feel like such a wuss).  I love the slickness of a blade shave, and did the headblade thing for a good while, but my pate just never really took to it on a daily basis.  The aggravation seemed to compound and after a week of blade shaving, it just looks very annoyed.  (I have followed much of the great advice on this forum and tried a variety of approaches.)  What is working best for me is to use the Norelco daily (often 2X) and about once a week pull out the HB.  The electric does NOT give me the smoothness of the blade shave, but I don't think it looks any different...and my scalp doesn't look mad -- so the look is actually superior.  Anyhoo, Out, it might be worth trying electric to see if your scalp likes it better. 

Safe Travels,

MLNHD 
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

jusbnme

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2007, 07:51:41 PM »
Good to hear from you man.  Don't sweat the hair thing.  A lot of us let it go from time to time.  Hope you have a safe trip back man. 

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 03:15:19 AM »
Good to hear from you man.  Don't sweat the hair thing.  A lot of us let it go from time to time.  Hope you have a safe trip back man. 

Hey lance.

I realise now how much i like the Sly look on me after letting my hair grow back. It feels weird to have hair there again (even though i had only been sly for three weeks before i had to come here).

Europe is definately (and especially the Scandinavian countries) is the place to be sly, there are heaps running round here.

The dumb thing is that did actually bring my Headblade with me (and spare blades).

Anyway

Keep it sly guys and gals.

Out

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2007, 04:27:45 AM »
Outsider -- great to see your post from Europe.  You were one of the guys whose deliberations and transformation I observed while a lurked on this site for a couple months before I joined.  The Sly look suits you well, particularly with the goatee, in my opinion.  Regarding the irritation you get when you shave -- I feel for ya. 

(I'm 6 wks. Sly yesterday.)  My solution has been to go electric (yeah, I know, I feel like such a wuss).  I love the slickness of a blade shave, and did the headblade thing for a good while, but my pate just never really took to it on a daily basis.  The aggravation seemed to compound and after a week of blade shaving, it just looks very annoyed.  (I have followed much of the great advice on this forum and tried a variety of approaches.)  What is working best for me is to use the Norelco daily (often 2X) and about once a week pull out the HB.  The electric does NOT give me the smoothness of the blade shave, but I don't think it looks any different...and my scalp doesn't look mad -- so the look is actually superior.  Anyhoo, Out, it might be worth trying electric to see if your scalp likes it better. 

Safe Travels,

MLNHD 

MLHD

I haven't tried the electric shaver yet, but i'm willing to put up with the irritation untill it settles down.

My hair is probably grown out to a number 2 at the moment as i've not had a chance to go to the hairdresser to get it cut off yet. I will in the next few days.

Out