Author Topic: Well...... I'm Sly!  (Read 15970 times)

Offline outsider82

• Sly
Re: Well...... I'm Sly!
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 12:03:06 AM »
I decided not to shave this morning to let my scalp calm down as the last two times i've shaved it feels quite raw afterwards.

I'm going to do some reading in the sections on shaving and care etc to get a better idea of what i should be doing.

So far i haven't gotten any bad responses from people, My brother told me yesterday that he was unsure if he liked it at first but by the end of the night lastnight he said he loved it. :)

He suggested I trimmed down the beard because it looks strange having a face of hair and a head without hair. I'm going to try some shave oil as many have suggested. It might work better than the gel i've been using so far.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2007, 12:08:18 AM »
Out,what I find works well is a layer of shave oil beneath the shaving gel. Or even baby oil works good. I know Lance uses this combination as well.

I agree Out,the Technique area of this forum has some great routines that have worked for other Sly bros.

Stoked again that you did the deed,looks awesome on you.

O0

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2007, 12:18:17 AM »
Out,what I find works well is a layer of shave oil beneath the shaving gel. Or even baby oil works good. I know Lance uses this combination as well.

I agree Out,the Technique area of this forum has some great routines that have worked for other Sly bros.

O0

Nice Tattoo, (if that's a tattoo) when did you get that done?

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2007, 12:24:58 AM »

O0

Thanks Out,got it done at Illustrated Man in the city

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2007, 12:44:01 AM »

O0

Thanks Out,got it done at Illustrated Man in the city

Looks great, you should check out X's new tattoo that he just got on his left arm/shoulder. Its in his Blog on myspace.

I'm gonna change my beard to a goatee i recon. Just think it might suit the sly look better.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 12:49:04 AM »
Out are you going to get a round goatee or clean the beard up? I am in the process of growing out my goat.

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2007, 12:57:56 AM »
Going to go the round goatee, it will suit better i believe. It will be sad to trim it as i've had it for 12 months.

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 01:26:48 AM »
Sorry I am a bit late chiming in here but just had to say :

LOOKS AWESOME outsider82! Welcome to the sly side!

Don't worry about the reactions from work. I'm sure they'll all be positive  O0

His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2007, 01:38:38 AM »
Sorry I am a bit late chiming in here but just had to say :

LOOKS AWESOME outsider82! Welcome to the sly side!

Don't worry about the reactions from work. I'm sure they'll all be positive  O0

Thanks Shy.

I was just chatting to my flatmate and he and i agree that i should try the round goatee for a time. I think it will suit me.

My work mates last saw me (on thursday) with a number 1 buzzed head, it will be a bit of a change for them to see another sly bald guy walk into the office. Yes we have one other :) My boss knows i was thinking about it so he may not be that shocked.

Out

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2007, 02:53:04 AM »
Go for it Out

I think your beard looks fine in the pic but why not give it a try anyways - I think half the fun of going sly is deciding on what facial hair looks best with it ... you can then decide to stick with one look or just keep changing between them if that suits you better.
I quite often grow a little goatee chin beard myself but it tends not to last as I like it best after only a few days growth, & when it gets too thick I get fed up with it & usually end up shaving it off again ... then a few weeks down the line I'll let it grow for a bit again

I did once try a 'tache too for a while (a circus master type that I used to twirl at the ends) but that's probably best forgotten about!  :-[

Anyway, you're rockin' the look or ... as we say in England ... "looks dammed good on you old chap!"  I think your workmates will be impressed!
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2007, 08:28:23 AM »
Hey guys,

I shaved the beard to a circle beard/goatee. With the sly head I actually dont recognise myself in the mirror. It doesn't feel like me.

My flat mate says i look quite polished now. hehe i dont know if he was refering to my head. It feels funny to have no hair on my cheeks now. I'll get used to it in time.

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2007, 04:56:05 PM »
Out, when you shave against the grain(front to back), you will get a much smoother shave than shaving with the grain.

Don't you mean back to front when shaving against the grain?
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2007, 09:57:24 AM »
Go for it Out

I think your beard looks fine in the pic but why not give it a try anyways - I think half the fun of going sly is deciding on what facial hair looks best with it ...

This is quite true!  I'm always changing up how I wear my beard, if any at all.  I think I've settled on a style I like.

jp_bald

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007, 11:17:45 AM »
hi bro!!!
looks amazing on you!!!
congratulations
wellcome to the forum!!!

X The Hierophant

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007, 11:46:40 AM »

Looks great, you should check out X's new tattoo that he just got on his left arm/shoulder. Its in his Blog on myspace.

I'm gonna change my beard to a goatee i recon. Just think it might suit the sly look better.

Thanks man.  Yeah, I've been meaning to post a pic of that here in the Ink/Tattoo section...  >:D