Author Topic: Well...... I'm Sly!  (Read 15968 times)

JohnMont

Re: Well...... I'm Sly!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 08:39:57 PM »
What Timm said about the beard.  Just tidy it up.  But don't go overboard.  That's what I did, and NOW look at me !  --actually; I did this by choice; but am now thinking of getting a beard back like yours; maybe trimmed down more toward the jawline.   

Overall; it looks great; enjoy the new feeling while getting used to it . 

John

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 08:52:04 PM »
Well guys, I've been out and about this morning.

Quite interesting feeling i must say.

I went to visit my normal barber and i showed him what i did. He said it looks good, but commented that my technique wasn't the best. I cleaned it up and gave me some pointers. He suggested i try shaving with sorboline cream as it will help with the nicks and bumps.

I really like the look and definately the feel of it, just nervous about my close friends reactions as none of them have seen it yet.

So far really positive response.

I'm dreading the work reaction LOL

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »
Outsider, looking SLY bro!  It's a good look for you... don't worry about the reactions at work... wait til the lay-days see it... I haven't gotten a negative reaction from a female yet!  Congrats again!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 04:20:45 AM »
Out where do I start eh . Looks awesome on you.FULLY SLICK MAAAATE. You'll find yourself going in public with a big smile on your face. That is what being Sly is all about.

Congrats my bald brutha.

P.S. Yes very jealous on your lack of shadow and natural shine. Great look ,hope you stick with it.

Jesse

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 04:45:26 AM »
Outsider, Looks great.  A word of advice would be to  experiment with different looks and shaving methods to find the best for you.  Enjoy the newly shaved sensation while it lasts.  It soon fades. O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

X The Hierophant

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 07:19:07 AM »
Wow man.  Looks great!  I am extremely jealous of your lack of shadow.  You look like you were meant to be sly for sure.

A lot of the previous posts mentioned that you need to "tidy up the beard."  Personally, I don't see that at all, but I'm not really a fan of shorter stubble beards as many here have guessed and think your beard already looks quite tidy (neckline and cheeklines look good and the sideburns are blended very well into the shaved head).  As for going for a circlebeard or goatee versus a beard, I think you can't go wrong either way.  The way you have the beard styled now it looks quite good, but a circlebeard would be an excellent look for you as well.  I would suggest experimenting over the next few months and try a circlebeard as compared with a beard.  I think you can easily pull off either one easily.

Also you mentioned your head feels cold ... I also had that sensation when I first shaved and I am still often surprised that I can feel drafts when I walk in a room with my head that I couldn't previously.  I do think that wears off some, but it is an interesting sensation huh?

Congrats man ... looking very sly  O0

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 08:22:59 AM »
Well done!  Looks good on you too!    O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 12:11:07 PM »
Looks great man!  I am a fan of the goat -- alas, if only I could grow a decent one.  You might want to give it a try.  Don't worry about your friends -- a little ribbing is to be expected.  Maybe if you have friends who are thinning, they might be inspired by you.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 06:46:41 PM »
Well guys it's Sunday morning. I have work in the morning, and am quite nervous about the reaction.

So far everyone has loved the look, I got heaps of head rubs last night at the football. However the one thing I think will come with in time is the smoothness of it. I've found I can only get that smooth feeling when i rub my head from back to front. Does anyone else get this or am I doing something wrong?

Like i said before in the post, i'm dreading the inital walk into the office tomorrow.

Out

PS. I haven't shaved this morning as my scalp is not happy after the shave.

jusbnme

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 07:03:24 PM »
Good for you bro.  Looks great.  Welcome to the "sly side."

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 07:58:01 PM »
Congrats Out, you were born to be sly! O0

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 08:10:16 PM »
Hey, outsider, I think all of us remember that first morning going back to work.  And for almost everyone that I can remember, it is way overblown in our minds.  No one will probably fall over, laugh, or say any type of negative comments.  You'll probably get a few comments, or like in my case, not a whole lot of reaction.  Just remember that the way you carry yourself and your attitude are the things that will come across most to those you run into.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.  Although, I'm fairly confident of what you're going to tell us. O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 08:45:52 PM »
out.... u r rocking the sly look, brah.  i know that u will share with us all the positive comments from your job.  good luck.   O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 11:48:50 PM »
Hey, outsider, I think all of us remember that first morning going back to work.  And for almost everyone that I can remember, it is way overblown in our minds.  No one will probably fall over, laugh, or say any type of negative comments.  You'll probably get a few comments, or like in my case, not a whole lot of reaction.  Just remember that the way you carry yourself and your attitude are the things that will come across most to those you run into.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.  Although, I'm fairly confident of what you're going to tell us. O0

I'll just have to walk in like normal and act like nothings happened. Last time I got a haircut i got a few comments but nothing special.

As for the feel of the sly dome, is it meant to be rough in one direction? or am i cutting it wrong? or will that come in time once the scalp settles?

Out

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 11:52:51 PM »
Out, when you shave against the grain(front to back), you will get a much smoother shave than shaving with the grain.