Author Topic: Clean scalp  (Read 28768 times)

Offline invaray

• Sly
Re: Clean scalp
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 07:38:13 PM »
zetaeffe,

You deserve a medal for bravery and dedication to slyness!

I gave an epilator a try on the sides of my head....ouch (!)  any hair I had on the top came out easy and painlessly but the sides....    The hair this thing yanks out is over an 1/8 of an inch long. No matter how close a person shaves you still have a head of hair about an 1/8 of an inch long inside the skin. Which is why if someone has dark hair your going to see a shadow its in there. I'm sure after the first time the pain gets less. Glad you got it done and can maintain it, looks good.

Maybe one day I'll try it again or have someone do it while I'm unconscious

purple dome of honor award
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:39:46 PM by invaray »
shine and share

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 08:05:42 PM »
zetaeffe,

You deserve a medal for bravery and dedication to slyness!

I gave an epilator a try on the sides of my head....ouch (!)  any hair I had on the top came out easy and painlessly but the sides....    The hair this thing yanks out is over an 1/8 of an inch long. No matter how close a person shaves you still have a head of hair about an 1/8 of an inch long inside the skin. Which is why if someone has dark hair your going to see a shadow its in there. I'm sure after the first time the pain gets less. Glad you got it done and can maintain it, looks good.

Maybe one day I'll try it again or have someone do it while I'm unconscious

purple dome of honor award

"Told you so!"  ;)
Jokes apart the sides and back are the most painful part. you just cannot try to plainly epilate there, you have to do it one small stripe at a time. Otherwise it's just too painful.

Anyway am sure that now you have a totally clean top, at least... ;)

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 12:14:40 AM »
Hi zetaeffe,

i've been thinking about this for a while.

my questions:
how long have you been doing this?
how were the reactions on your complete hairless head? (any negative reactions, thinking its weird or something like that)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 05:21:45 AM »
I'm sure I would end up with a lot of folliculitis if I tried that.  Not everyone's skin can take it.  You've been doing it for a long time.  Any idea how much hair has been permanently lost? 

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 09:35:09 AM »
What epilator do you use?
I've been thinking about getting one to use on my neck, but the prospect of a clean scalp appeals to me.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 07:42:30 PM »
Great look, Z!

02kpjw@gmail.com

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 09:18:20 AM »
You look great with a smooth head.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 10:36:25 AM »
Sorry for the late reply but was on holiday.

I tweezed first time in 2006. Difficult to,say but I can estimate that at least 95% of hair is gone.
That would be the overall, but actually is different on the various scalp zones: top is 99,99% bald now, back and sides are around 95%.

Epilator is a Braun Silkepil, similar to the pic I attach, but mine was an old model.

As for the comments I actually haven't got anybody commenting about it... Looks like nobody noticed, or if they noticed they didn't ask.
I expected some commenta too, but looks like for the majority of people "bald is bald" and they can't get the different "shades" of baldness

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 10:44:04 AM »

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 10:44:38 AM »
You look great with a smooth head.
Thanks

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 10:49:10 AM »

I tweezed first time in 2006. Difficult to,say but I can estimate that at least 95% of hair is gone.
That would be the overall, but actually is different on the various scalp zones: top is 99,99% bald now, back and sides are around 95%.

So you really think that you have completely lost the ability to grow a full head of hair? That if you just stopped, most of it eventually wouldn't grow back?

I would love to have a completely smooth head.  But I have to say that on occasions where I shave later in the day and my head is smoother at the end of the day than it normally would be, it seems really weird. Not bad, just something that would take a little getting used to.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 11:13:32 AM »

So you really think that you have completely lost the ability to grow a full head of hair? That if you just stopped, most of it eventually wouldn't grow back?

I would love to have a completely smooth head.  But I have to say that on occasions where I shave later in the day and my head is smoother at the end of the day than it normally would be, it seems really weird. Not bad, just something that would take a little getting used to.

Am quite sure that the top is permanentely bald now, it looks like a natural MPB top, just fuzz and few lonely hair here and there, no shadow at all.
For the back and sides I can't be sure: actually if I get lazy and wait few weeks between tweezing sessions I feel the tweezing is more painful, maybe because more hair grew back and then there's more hair tweezed out.
To check I would have to wait at least some months without tweezing, but it's not going to happen, right because the tweezing would be even more painful if I allow more hair to grow back.

I would love my head to be always completely smooth even at the end of the day, guess would get used in no time ;-)

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 09:59:56 AM »
Update after Friday night touch-up

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »
last pic

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
Zeta, that looks fantastic.  As I think I said before, however, I could not even imagine epilating myself!  (Not good with pain really!)