Author Topic: Hey all :D  (Read 5736 times)

Offline Paul_Jannusch_III

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Hey all :D
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 08:54:25 AM »
Glad to have you with us Melvin.

Offline clipped

• Sly
Re: Hey all :D
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 08:48:25 PM »
Welcome aboard.  On your original question about stubble & shadow, I am probably one of the minority who actually likes having a little stubble. My hair is mostly white, so shadow is not an issue for me, except that if my hair were still dark brown, I'd be happy with shadow. Shadow on a shaved head sort of says, "yes, I shave my head and I like it that way". I am mostly a clipper shaver but am razor shaving (every 2 or 3 days) for the summer.  2 days after a razor shave I have about the same stubble as immediately after a #000000 clipper shave.   Most people consider that I have a shaved head either way.  The smooth feel is great, but I like the stubble feel that I have by evening as a morning shaver. Maybe it would be better for you to shave in the morning so you are awake to enjoy the smooth feel? 

The shadow is mostly an annoyance because it isn't everywhere. It's only on the sides and the back. Kinda like horseshoe thing. if it would be everywhere, I wouldn't give a damn really. Then again, that would mean my hair would also grow fully everywhere.

The stubble is well, I spend a lot of time to shave it totally smooth, it feels like a waste of time when I can feel hairs being back after sleeping or like 7-8 hours. I shave once every 2 days. So, I shave in the evening. The morning after I get rid of all the stubble from overnight (because it only has grown on some spots) the next day, the stubble is everywhere, so I don't min shave it all off again late in the evening.

I've been thinking about shaving before going to work, but then I have to wake earlier: It takes about an hour/1.5 hour to get it totally smooth.

I've wondered to start shaving every morning, but that would mean I

Melvin,

You've only been shaving for a month. Your time required to shave will decrease with experience. I shaved this morning - head & face with a DE so it took about 20 minutes (3 passes with the DE - 12 hours later - hardly any stubble); but a few days ago I used the Mach 3 Cartridge and did face and head in under 10 minutes. I have the horseshoe & am sparse on the top.  People like us who shave may be more aware/conscious and preoccupied about things like the "edge of a shadow" on a fully shaved head (I am not).  Really, very few people notice or pay that much attention to details like that. I look at it this way: when I am razor shaving my head, I have a shaved head. I don't care if someone can tell where the hair grows and where it doesn't grow when I don't shave my head and let the stubble grow out (which I do more often than not).