Author Topic: Well I Guess My Question Is Obvious Right?  (Read 2153 times)

Offline sjblack

• Learning the way of Sly
Well I Guess My Question Is Obvious Right?
« on: July 25, 2014, 05:38:27 PM »
Morning y'all,
Trying to figure out if I can pull this Sly look off. Just got this cut today, a low bald fade with a blur length on top. As I said in my introduction post, the attached pic is the lowest I've cut my hair since elementary school. I typically keep my hair at wave length or a bit longer so going bald will truly be by choice. I am a bit concerned because I have a prominent brow (which I don't care for & I can't tell if the pics are really showing it), sloped forehead and I think years of wearing durags and wave caps have given me wrinkles on the dome. *chuckle* I've never seen anybody near my head shape that was bald or BBC so I don't know what do y'all think?

Oh the link is how I typically keep my hair.

I think that's all unless y'all got any other questions for me or need another picture. I'll go read the SLY Affirmations again awaiting your responses.
Thanks!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Well I Guess My Question Is Obvious Right?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 06:35:03 PM »
The photos with the tight buzz look great. You'll have no problem going sly. And your head shape is normal. Good luck and post pics when you do the deed!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:44:15 PM »
Welcome! To me that bald fade looks so close to sly, most people couldn't tell the difference. The beard you have now would go well with a sly head. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 11:07:01 PM »
Hi SJB:  Welcome to the sly fraternity.  Glad that you joined us.  I say that you should "do the deed" and shave your dome.  I know that you will look like a natural.  Keep us posted to your road to slyness.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 05:29:31 AM »
I think the bald fade looks good on you, and I think you would look equally good just bald.  Your dome looks well within the realm of "normal" to me.

Offline sjblack

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 04:04:28 PM »
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Its so much information here I'm slightly...ok very overwhelmed. I have no idea of where to start past buzzing off the rest of my hair. I spent a lot of time just looking at y'alls shaving routines and I am still overwhelmed. Can you tell I over think a lot & prefer less options? One thing I am sure of is that I'm terrified of getting ingrowns and razor bumps. Its the very reason I kept a beard since I was 16, but I digress. Any suggestions on what I should get and use for "The First Shave." {sidebar, You'd think that would be a pinned thread on here right?} I'd go sly tomorrow if I knew what I was doing and doing it right. I need a tutor! Anybody near atlanta wanna help a guy go sly? LOL! 

Enter your email address: