Author Topic: round-headed bald man?  (Read 3762 times)

Offline MrSkerz

• Learning the way of Sly
round-headed bald man?
« on: July 06, 2014, 06:41:14 AM »
I am balding and only 22. im also overweight, constantly feeling small, zit sized bumps on my head (in my hair). ive slicked my hair back a few times to kind of get a feel what I would look like with a buzz cut or shaved completely and I don't think it would look TOO bad but im still unsure due to these bumps and my weight. my cheeks are puffy. lol I have a red goatee and im hoping to change jobs so I can grow it longer. I want it to be at least a couple inches long. oh and I have glasses too. the frames are a rounded square shape with thick side pieces. I tried uploading a pic of myself but it said it was too large and im not sure how to re-size it. so what do you guys think? shave/buzz my hair?

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: round-headed bald man?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 08:42:44 AM »
Welcome, sir.

What we think is irrelevant. What you want is important. If you are serious about wanting to shave or buzz, the only way to know for sure how you will look and if you will like it is to simply do it.

I also was anxious when I started to consider going smooth. I thought/worried about it for two or so months. (I do not have a perfectly shaped head.) As soon as I took that first swipe with the clippers, however, all that fear went away. I joined the chorus of guys who post the question of why I waited so long to do it.

If you want to shave/buzz, then I am of the opinion that you should do it.

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:25:25 PM »
Welcome to SBG.

All the things you posted are excuses for not acting. If you want to see how it will look, the only way is to try it. Slicking your hair back will not give you  an accurate result. There's nothing at all to lose. If it turns out you don't like it (unlikely), it grows right back, and faster than you would think.

As for photos, do an online search for "photo resizer" -- there are plenty of free services.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 12:26:40 PM »
P.S. Many guys with scalp issues have reported that those conditions improve or even disappear when they go sly. You owe it to yourself to try it out.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »
Welcome to SBG!! I say go for it and give the 30 day rule a try.  That means shave it for 30 days straight and then decide what you think.  My thoughts is that your skin condition will clear up and you'll like the look.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 08:25:27 PM »
Sly guys look good and come in all shapes and sizes. I wouldn't let your weight, your facial hair, or your glasses stop you from going sly. As you've heard, you can't tell how you'll like it until you try it and of course give it the thirty days to adjust.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »
Just my two cents' worth but:

It sounds to me like you need something to kick-start a whole new engine of self-esteem.  There is nothing wrong with you; you just need to take some action to break free from those little insecurities that are bugging you.

Grab the clippers and razor and let your real self out of its cage and raise its banner high!  Take your bold new self outside and shout out who your are!  I'll bet that after 30 days you won't even remember those other issues/excuses!

The guys on this board encouraged me to shave my head and also to explore some other kinds of self-expression.  It has made all the difference!  These guys really know what they are talking about.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 04:20:49 AM »
Welcome.

From your post, it sounds like you are really ready for a new chapter of your (young) life. Shaving your head is the easiest way to shake things up.

I am "bald by choice" [BBC]. Although I didn't have any angst about going sly, the simple change of "hairstyle" (LOL) triggered untold other changes which have vastly altered and improved my life, every day.

I think you are ready and deserving of a change.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 06:25:48 AM »
Welcome and good luck with the deed
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:41:59 PM by Sir Harry »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline MrSkerz

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 09:38:29 PM »
this is me. I had a better pic but I cant find it right now so this is what you get. haha

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »
The shape of your head looks normal.  If you want to shave your hair, go for it!  The glasses and goatee combined with a sly head will make an impression.

Offline ksshane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 02:00:46 PM »
Gotta agree with everyone else.

I had some of the bump issues as well, but once you go sly most of that will clear up.   Then you just start taking care of your dome and no more problems (or much less... you will still get a bump every now and then).

After about a week of being sly you will notice your confidence starting to build, and after a short period of time you will begin to fill funny if you let a day or two slide by without shaving.  Atleast thats how it has been with me.   And there is always plenty of support right here on the sight if you need it.

And Im a bit bias, but nothing wrong with glasses on a sly guy.

BTW... Welcome to the site

Offline MrSkerz

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 04:04:29 PM »
hey guys thanks for all the advice and positive encouragement! I think I will change my hair style when I get this new job (hopefully not too far away). reason being is that this new job, I will get paid a lot more than I do now and that will help me move out which will mark a large change in my life and why not start off with a whole new look?! I might buzz it at first but go sly a little later. just to get people used to the short hair thing. btw heres a new pic of me. this time with my hair slicked back. I jusht ate the pic I posted earlier. haha

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 08:00:32 PM »
Welcome! You've received some good advice. Give it 30 days and I bet that you will be asking yourself why you didn't do it sooner.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.