Author Topic: your favorite college football team?  (Read 32380 times)

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
Re: your favorite college football team?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 11:51:14 PM »
Ohio State Buckeye fan here.

But don't forget there are a LOT of small schools out there. Mount Union Purple Raiders rule the small school class. At last count they have won something like 9 of the last 14 national titles and recently had a 55 and a 54 game winning streaks; longest in college football history.

And the Youngstown State Penguins are consistent winners, winning four national 1AA titles before Jim Tressle left for Ohio State.

And the Big Ten (11) is the toughest conference out there.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 03:13:05 PM »
i luv & respect everyone's opinion on favorite football team & best conference.  1st let me say i'm NOT a sec guy at all.  i've lived in big ten country (chicagoland area) and now live in beautiful florida & i was able 2 witness each conference big10,sec, & acc.  the sec is by far the best & most competitive football conference from top 2 bottom. 

last i heard.... a sec team demolished a big ten team in the bcs championship.  it wasn't even close.  a blow out!!!  again.... i'm a die-hard FLORIDA STATE fan.  i know.... we haven't been dominate the past 5-6 years but we will b back.  u wait & c.  my loyalty is to FSU & i know that the acc is not the best football conference.  but i would put the acc conference in the top 4 football conferences, IMO. 

tyler's usc trojans will probably b a pre-season #1 or #2 but i  would put paulie's lsu preseason #3 or #4....simply because they lost a bunch of players 2 the nfl especially their qb jamarcus russell. 

i'm luving all your opinions 2 this post.  college football is very dear 2 my heart.  so....keep it clean and keep posting.  GO NOLES!!! O0 O0 O0

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 04:34:03 PM »
BIG SEC FAN here!  I have always supported UK (yes, we do have a football team, and we're getting better), but during bowl season, I make it a point to watch any SEC team and root for them; after all can't root for them during hoops season!  I also have an interest in Notre Dame since that's one of the great memories I have of my Grandpa - watching ND football on Saturdays. 

However, I've been gettin' a lot of pressure to support Louisville football since I moved to Louisville, but my heart bleeds BLUE baby! 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 05:05:23 PM »
As usual, no body respects the Pac-10.  But, that's alright since we're usually in the championship anyways.  I wish they would actually have a March Madness style bracket to show how kick ass the Pac-10 really is.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 07:05:10 AM »
Have always found it funny that UCLA play their home games at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena and SC play at the Coliseum,would've thought that the Rose Bowl would be located at the UCLA campus in Westwood.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 04:21:18 PM »
Have always found it funny that UCLA play their home games at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena and SC play at the Coliseum,would've thought that the Rose Bowl would be located at the UCLA campus in Westwood.

yeah, that's actually why I'm a Trojan fan instead of a UCLA fan.  It was too far to drive from Malibu to Pasadena for games.  Much shorter to drive to the Coliseum.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 06:42:38 PM »

yeah, that's actually why I'm a Trojan fan instead of a UCLA fan.  It was too far to drive from Malibu to Pasadena for games.  Much shorter to drive to the Coliseum.

Malibu to Pasadena, That'd be a good one a half hours in good traffic eh.

John David is coming back for his senior year at SC,probably will get the Heisman.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 10:48:53 PM »
it's FINALLY here....college football weekend is here. !B@ !B@ !B@ 

WARHAWK O0

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 10:55:48 PM »
I'm excited too Warhawk!  Maybe it's because the Braves are sucking once again, but I really enjoyed flipping back & forth between the LSU-MSU game and the Louisville-Murray St game last night.  Louisville looked impressive - 73 points!  I'm not a UofL fan but holy crap, that was a fun game to watch.  I'm kinda looking forward to the UT-Cal game tomorrow night.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 11:04:54 PM »
  I'm kinda looking forward to the UT-Cal game tomorrow night.
scott.... that is gonna  b  a  helluva game.  cal is definitely looking 4 revenge after getting embarrassed last year in knoxville.  no doubt....i'll  b  watching that game. ya gotta luv college football. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 04:39:44 AM »
WHO else besides me & scott will b  watching college football this labor day weekend?  if u haven't posted up, let us know who your favorite college football team is?  as u can c.... i'm very excited 4 the start of the college football season.   O0

WARHAWK O0

Bald_freak

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 04:27:56 PM »
Blue and Maize, Michigan fan here. 

my fav is any team that beats Notre Dame!!! Since the wolverines are thier biggest rival, they fit the bill.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 04:31:08 PM »
LSU FAN

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is an Alabama
fan.
She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Alabama fans
too.

Not really knowing what an Alabama fan was, but wanting to be liked by
their
teacher, their hands fly into the air.
There is, however, one exception. Susie has not gone along with the
crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.
"Because I'm not an Alabama fan" she reports.

"Then," asks the teacher, "what are you?"

"I'm a LSU Tiger fan" boasts the little girl.
The teacher asks Susie why she is a LSU fan.

"Well, my Dad and Mom are Tiger fans, so I'm a Tiger fan too" she
responds.

"That's no reason," the teacher says. "What if your mom was a moron,
and
your dad was an idiot.

"What would you be then?" the teacher asks..

Susie smiles and says,

"Then I'd be an Alabama Fan

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 08:22:28 PM »
GOOD ONE...paulie ;D ;D ;D

paulie....u gotta b luving your bayou bengals right 'bout now. 

WARHAWK O0

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 08:26:20 PM »
yessir. but it is still early in the season and the real conference play has not started yet. will keep fingers crossed though

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!