Author Topic: NBA general  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
NBA general
« on: November 08, 2007, 10:12:59 PM »
hey all.  not sure if there are many pro basketball fans on this board, but just wanted to see what everybody has to say in general about this early season.  some thoughts:
 *knowing oden is out for the season (and beyond???), would portland have taken durant #1 and held onto zach randolph?  my answer is yes.
 *are the celtics good enough to win the east?  yes again, barring an injury to the big three.
 *the bulls are 1-4 already, and now they're heading off on the yearly 'circus trip' for 6 games, where they haven't done well since jordan left.  one of the early east favorites could come back 3-8 or worse. 
 *kevin durant isn't afraid to shoot it.  he's already got 103 shots in five games (made 42).
 *yi jianlian (of my milwaukee bucks) looks great and i'm glad he slipped to us at #6.  he plays excellent man and help defense and can shoot the three or bang it down low.  had the sonics taken him instead of jeff green at 5, they'd be looking good.  i think early ROY is between durant and yi.
 *are the clippers for real?  again?
 *will kobe be traded?  i think not.  nobody has enough to give back of the interested teams; at least not as far as the lakers are concerned.
 *early MVP watch: KG--22.7 ppg, 15.3 rpg, 6 ast, 3.3 stl, 1.3 bpg.  .571 shooting percentage.
 *miami/washington: 0-4.
that's it for now.  i know it's ridiculously early to judge teams and call things, but i'm basketball-happy, dangit!  go bucks!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: NBA general
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »
Looks like the Celtics in the East. That PGA line is awesome. They crushed the Nuggets the other night. Still to early to get a good feel.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 01:48:22 AM »
I think it will be exciting to watch Garnett in Boston.  If you ask me, he's one of the most underrated players ever.  If only he would have left the Timberwolves earlier.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 06:27:44 AM »
Go the Clippers!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 07:08:03 AM »
I think it will be exciting to watch Garnett in Boston.  If you ask me, he's one of the most underrated players ever.  If only he would have left the Timberwolves earlier.

I agree 100%. He spent a lot of years with no help at all.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 11:19:37 AM »
asher... i'm a bulls fan.. and the bulls always start off slowly.  i've always hated the celtics but it's hard 2 root against kg, ray allen, & pierce.  most epecially...kg... i'm a big kg fan.  i feel that the celtics have a good chance 2 represent the east barring injuries.  i also agree w/ u on kg being on early mvp candidate.  as far as kobe...i don't think the lakers will trade him because he sells sooo many tickets & makes the lakers so much $$ with his superstar status.  i'm just surprised that the lakers R not giving him the players 2 help them win.  the clippers R 4real and elton brand hasn't even played yet.  the trailblazers will benefit from  greg oden.  i still think that it is the right pick. 

all in all.... it is way 2 early 2 make any predictions.  82 games is a lot of games. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 12:53:12 PM »
warhawk (and all)--yeah i agree it's way too early to make any bold predictions--that said, the bucks will upset the mavericks in 6 games in the championship.  the bulls do always start slow (probably helped along by that annual circus trip), and i'm not worried about them falling apart.  that's a great young team, hinrich is the pg i wanted over tj ford in that draft, deng is going to blow up this year and nocioni is a viable 6th man of the year candidate.  but it looks like ben wallace is slowing down some--he hasn't played well this year and his athleticism was always his meal ticket...if he loses that step he's just above average.  somebody pointed out the other day to me that the bulls' profit margin is the highest in the nba, and that reinsdorf is happy to keep it that way (meaning he could care less if they trade for kobe or not).
   on the kobe front, does it not seem that kobe/the lakers revel in all the publicity, pt barnum-style (any publicity is good publicity)?  i mean, kobe has always had the spotlight on him, young star, best nba player, the rape thing, the whole jersey-number switch, the shaq feud, these trade rumors--perhaps they're just hyping this up without any intention of doing anything just to keep selling tickets and jerseys.  who knows. 
   i'm not sold on oden yet.  that guy has had so many injuries and he's only what, 18, 19?  he's a big guy and it's harder on big guys with lower-body injuries--so much mass to support.  it remains to be seen if he can ever come back in full form.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 01:33:34 AM »
Go rockets.  We have a legit shot to win it all(no not kidding).  And go all texas players in the NBA(especially Durant).
bald for life

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 08:30:06 AM »
Celtics over the Nets last night. Celtics are still undefeated.

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 10:28:49 PM »
Celtics over the Nets last night. Celtics are still undefeated.

celtics finally lost to the magic by 2 last night (11/18).  orlando 9-2, new orleans 9-2?

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 10:34:48 PM »
Celtics are one awesome team.

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 11:20:55 PM »
my bucks knocked off some great teams then went on a horrible skid versus some crap teams.  the magic, celtics, seem to be at the top of the east.  phoenix, utah, san antonio otherwise (unsurprising).  long season though--go bucks.

Enter your email address: