Author Topic: The "Mr. Clean" trend  (Read 13220 times)

Offline The_Chavez

• Sly Guy in Training
  • "If you go to Z'ha'dum, you will die"
    • My Myspace
Re: The "Mr. Clean" trend
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »
I'm going to keep my beard unless I get a job where they make me shave.

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 04:42:01 AM »
I usually keep a stubbly face to a moustach-less light beard, but shaved it ala Mr Clean and it felt weird.

Granted, I don't have a lot of facial hair to begin with, but clean shaven makes me look like Rosie O'Donnell....

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2007, 05:33:50 AM »
talking about earrings & male ear-piercing... do any of you remember back in the 1970's ... it was said that if you had your left ear-pierced you were straight, if you had the right ear done it was supposedly a sign that you were gay. Well a friend & myself were about 14 when we got ours done & we were the first boys in our school to get it done but I got it done on the wrong side (ie; the right ear) Typical! - Got teased about it a bit i think so anyway, being a bit self-conscious about it, I let it close up & got it done on the other side instead. A few years later a few guys started getting both ears done & it didn't take long for me to get the other side done too - I ended up getting 5 in all - 3 on one side & two on the other but I think only two are still "open" now. Funny thing though, I ended up in a gay relationship anyway so really ... I needn't have worried but you know how it is when you're 14!

Anyway Cy .... you look fine clean shaven (though I must admit I am not sure what Rosie O'Donell looks like!  >:D )
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
Shy, we must be fairly close in age because I remember it well.
My friends and I were going to be getting our ears pierced, and it was all exciting and the cool thing to do, but you had to remember " make sure you get it in your left ear, the right ear means you are gay". Jeez, what a bunch o' crap this turned out to be.
But , like you said it's the way you are when your 14 and naive.
Back then you really stood out if you had an ear pierced, now it seems there's nothing that stands out too much, even punk has gone mainstream.
I was a big heavy metaler in the 80's and let me tell you, I stood out, lol.
I will tell you all about it in another post.

Joe

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 11:27:18 AM »
Going to give the Mr. Clean a go. Lately the goat has been irritating me and it is now grayer than ever. I think it's time.

BigJimW

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 08:22:09 PM »
I had to explore it deeper to see if RazorX really bears a striking resemblance to Mr Clean.

vs

Dude, this is freaking me out.  O0 The eyebrows need work though.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 05:05:33 PM »
I prefer the goatee myself, once in a while ill go with the Mr. Clean look like when i cut of part of the goatee when i trim it like two weeks ago, but now iam growing in the facial hair.

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2007, 01:27:58 AM »
I prefer the goatee myself, once in a while ill go with the Mr. Clean look like when i cut of part of the goatee when i trim it like two weeks ago, but now iam growing in the facial hair.

fcb you'll have to post up a new pic then ... so we can see you with the goatee.

Shy, we must be fairly close in age because I remember it well.
My friends and I were going to be getting our ears pierced, and it was all exciting and the cool thing to do, but you had to remember " make sure you get it in your left ear, the right ear means you are gay". Jeez, what a bunch o' crap this turned out to be.
But , like you said it's the way you are when your 14 and naive.
Back then you really stood out if you had an ear pierced, now it seems there's nothing that stands out too much, even punk has gone mainstream.
I was a big heavy metaler in the 80's and let me tell you, I stood out, lol.
I will tell you all about it in another post.

Joe

hey Joe, 

Glad someone else here is old enuff to remember it too  O0 Got any pics of you from your heavy metal days? Would love to see a then & now! (not that I am hinting for you to get a pic up or anything  >:D) I guess after a short stint as a punk in 78' I was more of a soul boy by the '80's but liked a bit of metal now & again (still do in fact) - anyway glad u could back me up on the earring thing & I wasn't just imagining it!  O0

Going to give the Mr. Clean a go. Lately the goat has been irritating me and it is now grayer than ever. I think it's time.

Go for it Joe .... join the trend ... then post up that pic!  :popo

His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2007, 10:27:33 PM »
Shy, I am going to get some pics up when I can figure out the best way to do it. I do not have my old metal days pics on the computer. Don't know how I would get them on.
I am hoping to get some before and afters up too so I can get some input.