Author Topic: questions about shaving  (Read 4838 times)

robeferra

Re: questions about shaving
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 01:34:52 AM »
hi thanks. but everyone i know keeps saying how bad i look and to make it grow back fast(they keep missing the point that i have less and less on top)
but is it true i look bad or it's because it's really only a new look and i look weird? i don't mind looking uglier cause i like it and it's the only solution i want. but i'd like to know if they are the problem, like as in assholes who don't get it, or if it's objective that i look bad and weird

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 02:26:29 AM »
That's why we have the thirty day rule....to give yourself and others time to get used to your new look.  Don't let others get you down....The question is do you like it?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:35:15 AM by Sir Harry »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 03:24:38 AM »
I see at least three problems here.

1) It was only TWO DAYS ago that you shaved. That is not long enough for anyone to become accustomed to a significant change.
2) You are giving WAY TOO MUCH power to the things other people are saying.
3) You are joining their chorus, using words like "weird" and "uglier" about YOURSELF.

As Sir Harry wrote just above, "Do you like it?" -- it's even too soon for you to know for sure, but I suspect you do like it. And as 30 days pass you will like it more and more because the look will be "you" and you won't be surprised when you see yourself in a mirror. You will notice how much easier it is to go through each day without worrying about hair loss and how people are looking at your BALDING head and is it worse today than it was yesterday?

Do not give power to others to control how YOU feel. Seriously, don't they have more important things in THEIR LIVES to worry about than your current hairstyle?

Lastly, don't incorporate negative terms into your thinking ... weird, uglier, etc. If may be difficult to shift immediately to "I look GREAT" but you can at least move to "This is a much easier look for me to maintain." I'm confident that by 30 days you'll be thinking, "A shaved head looks so much better for me than thin, disappearing hair."

30 days. Commit to it. Commit to being supportive (of yourself) and having an open mind and positive thoughts. You don't have to defend your choice of hairstyle to anyone else.

Let go of the stress. Begin living the freedom of the "new" you. A look which is consistent. Timeless.

I didn't see you before you shaved, but your "newly shaved" avatar photo looks just fine. If I were to meet you on the street you'd just be another person in the crowd.

Lighten up. Relax. Take a deep breath. And commit to 30 days.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 06:03:38 AM »
You look good with the shaved head, not bad or weird. Anyone who told you you look bad or weird just might be an a__hole as you suspected!
Bronx bald and bred!

robeferra

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 06:56:59 AM »
thanks very true things. and mike thanks also, they probably are a holes, and they probably are the reason why most guys take long to shave.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 07:01:58 AM »
"They" may also be jealous that you have the fortitude to take charge and alter your direction.

Regardless, you should have much pride in your actions.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012